Personal coin - ferrets?

A Mitt

I'm considering the idea of making a personal coin to be able to get an inventory to start trading with. Before I put too much time into this idea I was wondering if it would be desirable or not. I don't have any pictures right now but I was thinking to make a coin with my three ferrets. I'm thinking maybe a square coin - the front would have all three ferrets, each in one of their little personal quirky poses. The back I would have a ferret 1/2 or 3/4 of the way out if a hidey hole. He would have a cache container that he would be dragging into his hole to hide. I like to think of a catchy phrase to put on it but I haven't gotten that far yet. I think it might also be neat to have a ferret paw print with the trackable at geocaching.com around it. I would keep some for traders only and sell some as well. Would there be any interest in this design? Would this be too hard for a first coin?

Just my opinion but I think that would be great as a personal coin for trading. I have seen other people use their dogs or cats on their personal coins.

I don't know how well personals are selling these days if you are looking to sell them for a profit.

However, as a tradable coin it sounds like a really neat idea and I'm sure you would be able to sell quite a few of them with the design you mentioned.

As Eric said personal coins can be desireable in any form so long as they are done tastefully. And please don't diss the icon hoes. :)

It's a good idea to post art or pics of samples to generate interest here on the forums but I would not advise publishing unpolished ideas as they tend to be "borrowed" without asking by less scrupulous designers.

I had a couple of ferrets and think it would be a great sig item coin if you feel that they are representative of a segment of your life and personality. I love the idea of one dragging a cache into a hidey hole (I can't tell you how many "lost" items turned up in the sofa or other places when I had mine). I like the pawprint with the text around it. Personally, I'm not much into the square shape for coins, but that's just my opinion. For some reason it's not a comfortable shape for me to handle. As was posted, it would be nice if we could see some preliminary artwork; even if it's just rough drafts, but I think overall it's a great idea. I wouldn't be daunted by "it being too much for a first personal coin". I don't know how much time and effort you'ld be willing to put into the design, but I think you're onto something that you would really like and other people would like to collect.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I'm going to give this coin a shot. As for rough sketches they're really aren't any except for some scary looking stick creatures on the back of junk mail! I can draw some stuff but since I want to make sure this turns out well and they don't look like hairy snakes I'll have a designer work on it. I agree about the square coin. I was thinking it would allow a little more space but maybe a nice oval shape would work. I really like the coins in different shapes too.

They are really fun little animals, each with individual personalities.

Mousekakat, I agree about the smell. Doesn't both me... my husband on the other hand ... :lol:

I'm considering the idea of making a personal coin to be able to get an inventory to start trading with. Before I put too much time into this idea I was wondering if it would be desirable or not. I don't have any pictures right now but I was thinking to make a coin with my three ferrets. I'm thinking maybe a square coin - the front would have all three ferrets, each in one of their little personal quirky poses. The back I would have a ferret 1/2 or 3/4 of the way out if a hidey hole. He would have a cache container that he would be dragging into his hole to hide. I like to think of a catchy phrase to put on it but I haven't gotten that far yet. I think it might also be neat to have a ferret paw print with the trackable at geocaching.com around it. I would keep some for traders only and sell some as well. Would there be any interest in this design? Would this be too hard for a first coin?

Hi,

If you going to order the coins, put me up for for at least 1.

PLease keep my informed.

Regards,

Dave