Dodgy Date

The Hornet

I was checking my joining date and my profile shows I joined in February 2001. However I am now certain it was actually 2002. Has anyone else seen a similar discrepancy and is there an explanation?

According to your forum profile it is 2001. It must be a bug if you are sure.

I was checking my joining date and my profile shows I joined in February 2001. However I am now certain it was actually 2002. Has anyone else seen a similar discrepancy and is there an explanation?

You Brits are always pointing out that Geocaching.com switches the order of the day and month when they display dates. Perhaps they also switched the month and year. You must have entered your start date as 01/02, but Geocaching.com interpreted that as 02/01 ;)

In our case we started caching almost a year after I joined the site. Is there a chance you signed up, didn't see any nearby caches and waited about a year to actually start caching?

Jen

No, in his case it's backwards in time. He thinks he actually joined much after the system says he joined.

J&D's situation is probably the case with many people, but not for the hornets.

Back before sometime in 2005 you didn't need to join in order to actually get coordinates, you only needed to join if you wanted to write a log. I found about 5 caches in the week before I joined.

Based on your user ID number being lower than mine, and I joined in June, 2001, it's pretty certain that you did, in fact, join in February, 2001.

Edit to add: maybe the 2002 date is when you became a charter member?

Like Lil Devil said, your number is lower then mine I joined feb. 12 2001