Sweets in caches

I've got to get this off my chest. :)

Earlier on today I visited a lovely cache up a hill in South Shropshire. Someone had put a Chewit/Opal Fruit (whatever they're called nowadays) in there. I removed it and put it in my back trouser pocket, with the intention of disposing of it.

Then I forgot about it.

I've just discovered it (4 hours later) squashed over my trousers - v. warm, v. sticky.

If people didn't put sweets in caches this wouldn't have happened. I wish people wouldn't do this. :unsure:

What other issues with caches make people cross?

Edited by minsterley

Any item that gives off a scent should not be placed in a cache. I have also found a banger in a cache. I don't really know the volitile state of this things especially ones that are unfound for a bout a year.

Unfortunately doesn't matter what you put on your listing people don't read them and just put whatever tat they have lying in their pockets.

Oh the things I've removed from caches....

knives, smelly candles, condoms, tampax (yes... really!) sweets, a firework, dog biscuits, the list goes on.....

:D:D

Recently I did a cache where Philpamandrob and I got joint ftf, and the cache setter had put 4 lollypops in there... I removed them all, and no.... I never ate them... lord only knows how old they are, or what condition they're in, or even if they're safe to eat. Sad that we have to think like that, but in this day and age... and all that!! :):D

I forgave the cache setter as she is a relative newbie. :):unsure:

I found a plaster (elastoplast type of plaster) in my Snowdon summit cache. Despite the cache being a lok n lok, it does get a little damp in there sometimes. I appreciate that some cachers may have thought a plaster would be handy if you had a blister - but by the time I removed that plaster, :unsure: you'd only catch something from it...