Found floating in Ocean

katper56

Hello Anyone,

I do not know what I am doing but here is my story and maybe someone can help me. My husband & I metal detect in CA. and Wednesday when we were on the beach a geocache came washing up out of the ocean. The name is (almost) land's end. There was nothing inside of the cache, but now I do not know what to do with it. I will be glad to rehide it, but how do I find out who it belongs to?

Thank you for helping!!!

Katper

Hello Anyone,

I do not know what I am doing but here is my story and maybe someone can help me. My husband & I metal detect in CA. and Wednesday when we were on the beach a geocache came washing up out of the ocean. The name is (almost) land's end. There was nothing inside of the cache, but now I do not know what to do with it. I will be glad to rehide it, but how do I find out who it belongs to?

Thank you for helping!!!

Katper

Here is the cache information I was able find doing a quick qwery.

(Almost) Land's End by SSolpugid (GC10YMT)

California

SSolpugid is the owner and the Waypoint is GC10YMT. The last find was August 10th and it has not been reported missing yet. I will send an email to the owner and let him know that the cache has been found and will link it to this post. You will be able to contact each other that way.

Hope this helps.

-HHH

:yikes:

Thank you so very much!!!!!! I hope I can get intouch with SSolpugid.

Your Great!!

Katper

Hello Anyone,

Thank you for helping!!!

Katper

Here is the cache information I was able find doing a quick qwery.

California

SSolpugid is the owner and the Waypoint is GC10YMT. The last find was August 10th and it has not been reported missing yet. I will send an email to the owner and let him know that the cache has been found and will link it to this post. You will be able to contact each other that way.

Hope this helps.

-HHH

:yikes:

You should visit the following cache page and post what happened so other caches don't search for it where it was placed:

Check out the dates of the posts from this thread... they are from 2008

recent logs on the cache shows it was found as early as two days ago since a replacement was set

You bumped a very old thread :lostsignal:

Edited by SubyJeff
Opps, never mind then. :lostsignal:

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to dig out this fossil thread?

The OP had posted in another thread looking for a speaker at a local event, with only three posts, I thought it might be worthwhile to see the other posts. I should have looked at the dates, but things were a little more hectic earlier.

The OP had posted in another thread looking for a speaker at a local event, with only three posts, I thought it might be worthwhile to see the other posts. I should have looked at the dates, but things were a little more hectic earlier.

Don't reckon it's the end of the world!

I can't imagine you are the first, or will be the last, to do something like that!

Ya think??

I can't imagine you are the first, or will be the last, to do something like that!

Ya think??

As a fairly new comer to cacheing, I have done this very same thing, except on different types of threads!

As n00bs, sometimes the first few months, we spend endless amounts of time looking through as many threads as we can, just learning and getting ourselves somewhat familiar with how this and that works!

Ive even found myself diggin up threads from 2006! you talk about OLD news! LOL

Anyway, Coggins, remember, its not the end of the world as "carolnbarney" said! Im kinda glad you brought this thread up! Sometimes, the old stuff, is just another "learning experience" for some of us n00bs!

Now, back to my searching the old stuff! :)

Ya think??

End of the world? I didn't think so. Chrysalides asked so I gave an answer. Couldn't really care one way or the other.