Just starting to collect ...

CacheMiner72

Pretty much says it all. I am just starting to collect geocoins so if you have any for sale please either e-mail me through my profile or post up what you have here. I am really open to almost all coins but I have a few themes I am looking for : Halloween/ pumpkins

: Manta rays

: medievil

: Canadian

Thanks for your help,

kayn_os

Welcome Kayn_os!

You will find this an addicting pastime! I am fairly new myself and it has been hard to resist all the beautiful designs!

To find the geocoins you might like, I would suggest reviewing the threads on this forum that talk about new coins coming out (this will be identified in the subject title). As well, you might wish to take a look at the webstores of some different designers and manufacturers. A Groundspeak-approved list can be found in the trackable section at geocaching.com: http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoin.aspx

You might also learn about the names of coins you are interested in from collector's trade lists and then google them. Many collectors have their trade list links at the bottom of their signature or listed on their caching profile page.

Hope this helps!

Since you are new to this you won't have much of an inventory to make trades. Trading is lots of fun!

I would suggest you looking at the vendors as mentioned in the previous post. If you see something you like get a couple, then you can keep one and use the others as trade coins. That's how I got started. If there is something special you really want and you can't trade for it there is always "e-place" but you will pay for it as prices go higher there.

Hope this helps. BTW sending you email for a coin you might be interested in.

ps. guard your wallet, this can be addicting :anibad:

Hey, a fellow Canuck! I've been collecting for about 6 months now, and just took the leap to designing a coin. It should be available in the next week or so.

Besides watching the forums and checking out the vendors, I would also suggest browsing the coin trading sites. cointracking dot com and geocoincollection dot com are two of the biggest. You may not have much to trade at the moment, but searching around the sites should give you an idea of what is out there to dream about. :anibad:

This is the time the Halloween coins start to surface but they tend to go fast.

Castle Coins and Pins is one to watch for Medeval coins as is gecoinshop.de.

No Manta Rays as yet but for Marine animal coins Dorkfish is the one to watch.

There is a Canada geocoin site but they're mostly a one coin shop. Most other Canuk coins come from individual coiners. The Toronto coin is still available from it's maker, RES2100, as of a couple of days ago.

Not many will sell their trader coins but those that do will note if the coin is for sale and for how much on their trade list so do check out those sites. Otherwise if you're really impulsive with extra cash to burn there is always Ebay.

EDIT: Oh my goodness, how could I forget Landsharkz for Canadian coins???? And the BCGA or British Coumbia Geocach(ers/ing) Assoc.

Edited by Droo