COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

3. What did I see at one stop that started me thinking of a new Coin design?

Stepping stone

Helmets save lives

You've been doing some other reading...Yes, I saw some stepping stones and thought of making coins designed like the tile mosaic. Then in the morning I see that this very idea is being worked on by someone!!! Send an email to go into the Drawing forlder!!!

Thank you, Robert

I did have to do some "snooping" to figure that one out!! Funny part is, that wasn't the question I was searching for. It just happened to fall right into my lap! Thanks again for the fun cointests!!!

1. What did I need to drop off?

Hmm... How about Bingo cards, raffle tickets and things from your other games!

look twice for bikes, save a life!

BINGO!!! Yes, gverbeck had retreived my "BINGO Bug" so I needed to give him some Bingo Cards to join the game. I saw that he was from the area I would be driving through, so I made arrangements to drop them at some Caches instead of mailing them. Please send me an email that will go in the Drawing folder!!!

WOW!!! I found that? YES!!!!!! :D I just sended email!! :)

Are all questions been guessed???

4. You paid Nothing, coffee is free for truckers.

Use your mirrors when driving.

Well, the answer is correct but for a different reason. I was at Mimi's Cafe and I took my coffee in the reception area where they have people get coctails while waiting for a table. I only took one small cup with no refills, so the bartender did not charge me for it. Please send the email for the Drawing folder I'll think of some new questions soon, unless someone else want's to put up a MiniGame.

mimi's cafe is very yummy and all you had was coffee.

i didn't get any right, but i did go caching today, so no time for guessing.

4. You paid Nothing, coffee is free for truckers.

Use your mirrors when driving.

Well, the answer is correct but for a different reason. I was at Mimi's Cafe and I took my coffee in the reception area where they have people get coctails while waiting for a table. I only took one small cup with no refills, so the bartender did not charge me for it. Please send the email for the Drawing folder I'll think of some new questions soon, unless someone else want's to put up a MiniGame.

mimi's cafe is very yummy and all you had was coffee.

i didn't get any right, but i did go caching today, so no time for guessing.

I only went in to have a place to sit while I sorted through all the stuff I left in the Cache. I had to get movong down the road for my delivery in the morning.

OK, an update of sorts!! As we all know, I am asking for people to help fund a special coin for Todie's Wild Ride and for raising funds for the next round of bike awareness projects I am planning. Well, we've got some very caring and giving souls in here and in MiGO!! We're around the 500 coin mark at this time, I think we'll be able to make 500 coins (but we do have room for another sponsor or two if anyone is interested). ALL COINS WILL BE TRACKABLE AND WILL HAVE A CUSTOM ICON (icon being donated by our friends at Groundspeak...THANK YOU)!

Now, with the bigger number of coins, I can assure you that we're working on a bit more "incentive" to THANK everyone who's helping...not 100% yet, but we're thinking maybe making the breakdown like this for 500 coins:

425 RE could be gold or silver or maybe we'll even make both.

25 IE investor coins...these will be used both for those investors and we'll auction of a few as a set to help raise funds.

50 LE prize coins...these will be used as prizes for the Todie's Wild Ride and put into sets to auction.

Here's the idea: Each investor will get an RE, IE and LE set (3 coins), only the investors and the few lucky bidders will be able to get the set!! DON'T hold me to this, this is still in planning, but I feel we're likely to go this route!

There will be around 5 sets made up solely for auction, we'll put 1 set on my Lazy Hayes Days event auction table, and the rest will be auctioned on ebay or wherever we can get them up to auction off! Keep in mind, these are for fund raising!

REMEMBER, all profits (100%) will go straight into new bike awareness projects which I am currently working on!! We want to expand here, we want to reach the ultimate goal of a billboard or another idea I am toying with! Regardless, all money will fund future bike awareness initiatives!!

I have the artwork in hand and have even sent it to a very few of us at this time (all investors will see the art as soon as approved, I am just floating the art to a few for feedback). PLEASE don't feel left out if you don't get the artwork yet, it'll be there soon! I am not trying to leave anyone out, just making this as easy on myself as possible...I am a very busy guy right now and taking on more and more work daily (D'OH)!!

The coin will be very simple yet will be special (IMHO, you can be the judge on this later yourselves), we're also working on differing color schemes! Coin WILL BE OUT by May!! Maybe sooner...and, we're trying to make the coins as cheap as possible so more will find their way into caches!!

Any ideas? Any questions? Shoot me an email or post them up and let's chat!

Thanks for all the cointests Robert! I think they actually helped to concentrate on the taxes more and not less! If you can believe that!!!!!!

Looking forward to see if any of your travels brings you to my neck of the woods. Then maybe you could have more than one Michigan cache under your belt.

We are looking forward here though to 5-8 more inches of snow tomorrow.....:laughing:

Wear your helmet because the life you save may be your own.

OK, New questions...Same rules apply. Each attempt should include your Safety Advice and an answer to ONE of these questons. You may post as often as you like but you may not answer the same question in two consecutive posts. The correct answer to each question will gain a spot in the future drawing for a (Keeper) Look Twice Coin...

Setting up the situation...

I just picked up a load of Bottled Water, and I'm on my way to drop it off on Robert, LA! I picked it up in Hawkins, TX. Here are some questions about this trip to keep things going...

1. What time was my appointment to pick up the load in Hawkins?

2. After I picked up the load, what was the total weight of my truck?

3. According to the sign when I drove into Hawkins, what is the population there?

4. What city am I in as I write these questions(at a Flying J)?

5. How many miles will they pay me for this load(Empty and Loaded Combined)?

Good Luck, and have fun. Keep the shiny side up, and Look Twice for Bikes.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Good morning all!! Sitting here waiting for the snow to start flying, we're supposed to get up to 8" of the white stuff today. In fact, we're under a winter storm warning!! Just as the snow melted away too!!

yuck...it will be sunny and 65 here today. i don't miss snow. enjoy and stay warm.

wear protective clothing whilee riding.

Did all of Robert's questions get answered?? I have a new cointest to run when we're ready!

No they didn't, but they will just be a bunch of guessing. I think we should set them aside and go with yours. It will be WAY more fun!!! Let's just call that one quits, it was a space filler anyway.

I didn't mean to rush you, just hadn't seen any answers coming and thought it was over.

We can run them together separately lol!!

COINTEST COINTEST COINTEST COINTEST

KAboom and I went caching yesterday, we wanted to get our find count up so we could make the milestone 1000th find at an event put on by our friend Nurse Nanna Monday. We had great fun, it was nice to just head out and cache without caring about time or anything else!! Also, 20th to post RIDE SAFELY withtheir post wins an entry!

Here's the questions you'll need to answer in order to win an entry for the Todie's Wild Ride race:

1) While caching, we found a single virtual cache. What state was this cache in and what other states (if any) could you see?

2) How many caches did we find yesterday?

3) How many caches do we have total?

4) Something happened at one cache, what was it?

5) How many DNFs did we have?

No back to back guessing please and please include your favorite safety phrase as well with the answers! All answers in same post etc etc...you kkow the drill!! Oh, and HAVE FUN!!!!!

AND, don't forget to answer Robert's questions as well!!!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

1) While caching, we found a single virtual cache. What state was this cache in and what other states (if any) could you see?

Cache was in Michigan, you could see Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

KAboom took a fall and banged his knee

zero

oops.....forgot the safety bit.... don't sacrifice safety for style

Edited by Pushing Tin

Michigan, Ohio,indianna

you slipped and fell

1) While caching, we found a single virtual cache. What state was this cache in and what other states (if any) could you see? iN Michigan and could see Ohio & Indiana

2) How many caches did we find yesterday? 12

3) How many caches do we have total? 999

4) Something happened at one cache, what was it? dropped the delorme and discovered it is quite sturdy

5) How many DNFs did we have? 0

were in Michigan could see Ohio,indianna

KaBoom fell and banged up his knee

Zero

Watch for motorcycles!!

edit to clarify what state you were in

Edited by Team CeDo

1) While caching, we found a single virtual cache. What state was this cache in and what other states (if any) could you see? iN Michigan and could see Ohio & Indiana

3) How many caches do we have total? 999 You are being sneaky and haven't logged one yet!!

4) Something happened at one cache, what was it? dropped the delorme and discovered it is quite sturdy

Forgot the phrase alst time so repeating the same answers.

WEAR A HELMET that is DOT approved!!

3) How many caches do we have total? 999

At least 1 answer is correct here!!

were in Michigan could see Ohio,indianna

KaBoom fell and banged up his knee

Watch for motorcycles!!