Lost TB turns up after 5 years

I got a notification yesterday that someone had grabbed one of my TBs. I knew it was one that had gone missing but I was really surprised to see that it had been missing for 5 years - could be some sort of record!

I wonder where it has been for all this time? It can't have been in the cache it was found in for all that time as the cache is only a year old. It also doesn't seem an obvious cache for someone to visit to drop off a TB they have hung onto for 5 years - i.e. it isn't a cache n dash. :anibad:

So, if you have been missing a TB for years - there is hope yet that it will turn up! :)

Lisa

Comparing the logs of each cache, it would appear that it disappeared after and appeared before MarkThomas and Mthomas found each cache respectively, going by the occupation listed on the profile, and last visit/registation times, I suggest the accounts belong to the same person, a long-time newbie who's just rediscovered caching?

Still, amazing!

Hey! Do I have a record? This TB of mine recently turned up just a month under 6 years after the previous log.

Peter, I dont' know if I'm being cynical, but I reckon that's a cacher of longstanding that has realised he's had that TB forever, and has set up a new account to drop it... there's just 2 TB finds to his name and No cache finds......

How very very bizzarre!!!

Hey! Do I have a record? This TB of mine recently turned up just a month under 6 years after the previous log.

Peter, I dont' know if I'm being cynical, but I reckon that's a cacher of longstanding that has realised he's had that TB forever, and has set up a new account to drop it... there's just 2 TB finds to his name and No cache finds......

How very very bizzarre!!!

My thoughts exactly. No finds, one log and joined a month ago. At least my old TB is back in circulation.

Comparing the logs of each cache, it would appear that it disappeared after and appeared before MarkThomas and Mthomas found each cache respectively, going by the occupation listed on the profile, and last visit/registation times, I suggest the accounts belong to the same person, a long-time newbie who's just rediscovered caching?

Still, amazing!

Ah, well spotted - he has few enough finds between both his accounts to have possibly not realised what he had picked up.

Anyway, I'm really glad it is back in circulation!

...Anyway, I'm really glad it is back in circulation!

But is it? :laughing:

The TB is still showing in "Unknown Location". I had a look for caches with "Railway Children" in the title and I'm guessing that "The Railway Children Too" may be the one that Klinklehammer refers to - It was last found on August 3rd by MickandMandy, but they don't mention any TB in it...

Let's hope it's logged properly soon.

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges