Most found cache and the event

I seem to remember there was a cache that someone has determined that it's the most found cache in the UK.

I wonder how the event has affected this cache? I'm thinking specifically about the "stray" series opposite the hotel where the event was being held - they've taken a fair few hits over the day of the event - I counted 35 around Stray Stump waiting to sign the log at one point and I spoke to others who told me that it had been like that all afternoon.

Thanks Ruston for the swift response.

The Mega Event caches pose no threat to that as there were 928 individuals registered at the cache so I don't think they'll come close. Many of the "stray" series of caches quite vulnerable and I don't expect them to survive long - indeed Stray Log had been muggled already just before the event.

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

Certainly they must take the prize for number of people waiting to log at one time.

I proudly hold the record for the only DNF on the lamppost one (despite being 6'3" and being able to spot it from ten yards away!). The only criticism I have of the setup was the lack of "No Muggles" signs. That would have kept the surly blighters away, I'm sure...

Almost all the others I found alone, with no-one else waiting (this was Saturday evening though, so I guess that most were fighting over the remains of the dead pig) :lol::huh::) .

Certainly they must take the prize for number of people waiting to log at one time.

I proudly hold the record for the only DNF on the lamppost one (despite being 6'3" and being able to spot it from ten yards away!). The only criticism I have of the setup was the lack of "No Muggles" signs. That would have kept the surly blighters away, I'm sure...

Almost all the others I found alone, with no-one else waiting (this was Saturday evening though, so I guess that most were fighting over the remains of the dead pig) :lol::huh::) .

I do hope Tewit & Sweet Spa well caches last! These were placed long before the Mega was thought of.

The caches were placed to draw people to the well's and admire the architecture.

I have enjoyed reading the hundreds of emails from all my caches & pleased the mega & pre events were a huge success.

Regards

I agree - I counted 35 people around Stray Stump at one point and there were people arriving and leavinng all the time!

b931e382-227b-4f06-a05d-0365e28266a8.jpg

The eponymous stump can be seen in there somewhere...

I see a *CAR* in there too! I was a bit concerned about riding my mountain bike on the grass in places, but to drive there along the path? Wasn't that just being a bit naughty?

I see a *CAR* in there too! I was a bit concerned about riding my mountain bike on the grass in places, but to drive there along the path? Wasn't that just being a bit naughty?

Hehe - the area near the stump was used for parking for another event going on in the area at the same time. There were cars already parked there quite early on in the morning when we found the cache. Had we known, we may have been tempted ourselves.

Edited by Pengy&Tigger

I am too lazy busy to count the finds on the Stray caches but joined one of the caravans of cachers doing the round and great fun it was too!

Slightly OT since the original post asked which UK cache has the most finds, I have just noticed that a virtual I set in Prague has 1390 smileys, and one in Paris has 1038. Perhaps as well we are no longer allowed virts if that is over 2400 emails I have replied to!