Increase Profile Details Size

mda_taz

If you edit your profile on the geocaching.com website, you have the option to add details.

The area titled "Profile Details" has a 150,000 character limit. I would like to have this area increased to 250,000 characters or larger. This is where you can place text or HTML. There are several cachers that like to display caching statistics on their user profile page.

One great source is the macro that runs on GSAK called FindStatGen3. If you choose all of the options available, then you will be using between 160,000 to 190,000 characters to display your stats.

Groundspeak has responded to my request and suggested that I post it on this forum. If you would like to increase the character limit, please speak up.

mda_taz

Matthew

Groundspeak has responded to my request and suggested that I post it on this forum. If you would like to increase the character limit, please speak up.

mda_taz

Matthew

I use FindStats and I have to edit a lot out to fit..

I say yes increase the limit.

Just ran 33beta and it used 245777

Edited by FunnyNose

They just upgraded storage space a few days ago!

Oh sorry, it was for pictures.

Even if I don't use my detail page for stats (I diplay them on my own website instead) I agree that 250K should do the job for the next 5 years and probably more.

I remember the threads before the last upgrade. It's funny to compare how was it back then and how it is now.

Guess increasing the size is the only solution to some (a minority) geocachers that have a bucket full of statistics gathered through GSAK/Findstatgen and the Itsnotaboutthenumbers website.

Doubling or more isn't a big deal, right? Only that minority will use it... and probably use it until there's no space/size left. ;)

There is an old programming adage. "Programs will expand to fill available space" The same with Profile pages. If its 250K, in 6 months people will want 400K. Get a page off site and link it on your profile then you can do as much as you want anyway you want including you tube files. Many ISPs give you a free page anyway.

Is that the decision then??.. or is it possible to have the capacity increased slightly??

In my case, I'm using only 23,000 of the allocated 150,000.. and if the space limitation were quietly upped I wouldn't run out to find a way to use it all up right away. For the sake of those who are at or near the limit I say go ahead and up the ceiling.

My two cents..

:huh: