Oregon's Touch Screen

This may have been discussed at some point and I missed it by not reading every word on the subject. Excuse me if I did. But I would like to know one simple issue- is the new Garmin Oregon's touch screen a hard durable material such as used in iPhones or a soft flexible plastic that's going to be easily scratched, especially by repeatedly handling its surface and dragging gritty fingers over it such as when panning a map screen?

This may have been discussed at some point and I missed it by not reading every word on the subject. Excuse me if I did. But I would like to know one simple issue- is the new Garmin Oregon's touch screen a hard durable material such as used in iPhones or a soft flexible plastic that's going to be easily scratched, especially by repeatedly handling its surface and dragging gritty fingers over it such as when panning a map screen?

I saw this from benh57:

The touch screen is awesome. It feels so much faster to navigate though the screens. The screen 'pushes in' a little bit, so you can solidly tap it with your fingernail which is nice. It's not 'hard' like the Palm TX touchscreen, feels softer.

I saw this from benh57:

The touch screen is awesome. It feels so much faster to navigate though the screens. The screen 'pushes in' a little bit, so you can solidly tap it with your fingernail which is nice. It's not 'hard' like the Palm TX touchscreen, feels softer.

Oops, that don't sound good at all! Sounds like scratch city!

Has anyone put a screen protector on the Oregon?

I picked up an Oregon 400t yesterday and am wondering if one will adhere to the screen, given the textured feel.

Nope. BTW I don't think the Colorado protector will fit. The "Garmin logo" area on the Oregon is narrower than the Colorado's so I think the CO protector will be a little too long.

GO$Rs

The screen reminds me very much of the one I have on my Garmin Nuvi 750. I have a screen protector on it and it does not effect the operation. I plan on putting one on my Oregon when Zagg makes them available.

In regards to the screen brightness I have found it to viewable in full sun which to me is better than a Colorado. That was the main thing that kept me from going with it.