following saturation guidelines

I am interested in placing a cache 2 miles into a hike near a beautiful waterfall. I searched the area and listed one cache about 4 miles in, so I felt safe in placing it where I considered. Problem is, im not a premium member, and there is a member's only cache somewhere along that hike, but I have no idea if it is too close to the cache I wanted to place unless I am a premium member. GCH13E Are you still held to the saturation rule for premium only caches, or with a multi cache with multiple waypoints?

Thanks for any help.

A member's only cache would count. Contact your reviewer before you place yours to see if there is a conflict.

To find out who the reviewer is look at some other cache pages recently published in the area and his name should be on the "published" log. Just contact him through his profile and provide him with your proposed coordinates. He'll tell you if you're in the clear.

A simple bit of advice I now LIVE BY....

Get your COORDS for your possible cache location, then

Email your local reviewer, give them the COORDS and tell them a little about the cache, if its special, whatever.

Then just wait for the reply. I've found by doing this, you can save gas and energy by sending a little ol email.!

You can create a very basic page for your cache, but do not check the box that asks if the cache "is currently active".

Enter the coords and click the submit button (Don't worry, the reviewer will not see it until you check the box that says to make it active). You will be able to see how far your cache is away from any other traditional cache.

If the location is OK, then go back into ti and finish making your page the way you want it, make sure your cache is out and ready and then uncheck that box. Remember to change the date on the page if it takes you a couple of days to get back out there. They only show up as new for about a week from the date on the page no matter when they are published.

If it's too close to the member only cache, you'll know how far you need to move it and which general direction (roughly). Of course, this won't work for multis, puzzles, etc. If ti doesn't work out at all, you can recycle the page for your next cache.

A simple bit of advice I now LIVE BY....

Get your COORDS for your possible cache location, then

Email your local reviewer, give them the COORDS and tell them a little about the cache, if its special, whatever.

Then just wait for the reply. I've found by doing this, you can save gas and energy by sending a little ol email.!

I'm curious about how that saves gas? If you go, get coordinates, get information from the reviewer, and then go back to place the cache, isn't that the same amount of gas/energy as getting coords, placing the cache, submitting to the reviewer, waiting for a reply? Actually, you have a BETTER chance of saving time/energy/fuel if you go ahead and place the cache before review...and if it's approved, you've made only 1 trip. If it's not approved...then, you're back where you were before...going back to the location to retrieve the cache.

I can look on a map and get the area where I'm looking to place a cache usually within about 60-70 feet or sometimes closer (almost as close as a GPS). If there's a multi or mystery cache within 2 miles, I'll e-mail the reviewer with the proposed coordinates based on looking at the maps. If there's a problem they'll tell me.

Saves gas.

The way I saved gas before placing a cache almost 40 miles away was by inspecting the area carefully in Google Earth. Then, I emailed my local Reviewer and asked if the areas that looked good for placing a cache were open.

They were. :unsure:

When I made the drive, and the hike, I had all the Traditional caches in my GPSr so I wouldn't encroach on the 528' distance from them.