geobeacon?

A 'geobeacon' would be the most apperent location to hide the cache at any given location.

If your looking for a cache in the woods, and there is say a really massive tree that just 'sticks out of the crowd' that would probably be the geobeacon. Check it over really good for something wedged in the croch of some the branches, or maybe a rotted hole in the side.

Hahaha...I misread it and thought it said geoBACON! In that case, I figured it was a cop who rolled up on you while caching. Example:

Took a while to made the grab on this one. Too many muggles around. Then out of nowhere, some geobacon came over and asked me what I was doing. I politely explained geocaching to them and they said they would let the other geobacon in the area know so they wouldn't bother us. TFTH.

Hahaha...I misread it and thought it said geoBACON! In that case, I figured it was a cop who rolled up on you while caching. Example:

Took a while to made the grab on this one. Too many muggles around. Then out of nowhere, some geobacon came over and asked me what I was doing. I politely explained geocaching to them and they said they would let the other geobacon in the area know so they wouldn't bother us. TFTH.

I think we've found a new geocaching term. :)

I LIKE IT. I just might go back and edit my logs from when the GeoBacon confronted me.

GeoBacon needs to be added to the list of geocaching terms.

Edited by LewisClan77

i thought the EXACT same thing! ;)

Just be sure that you call him a geobacon when he helps you with that flat tire at the dead end of some country road or comes and picks you up after you twist your ankle or break your leg about a mile from the car.

I'm sure he will appreciate your sense of humor ;)

I should clarify my first post. I am a card-carrying (ok, badge carrying) geobacon. I thought it was a funny term considering the long standing bacon references to those of us in the LE community. I would rather be called geobacon than many of the other names I've had slung my way!

Just be sure that you call him a geobacon when he helps you with that flat tire at the dead end of some country road or comes and picks you up after you twist your ankle or break your leg about a mile from the car.

I'm sure he will appreciate your sense of humor :)

:sad: Wow you got some helpful cops up that way!

I'm sure he will appreciate your sense of humor :)

:sad: Wow you got some helpful cops up that way!