Pocket query set up options

markandlynn

At present i PQ areas by date etc and then filter using GSAK.

Are there any plans to improve the PQ set up page. For example if i want to eliminate 1/1 Traditional micros i cant in one querry but can on gsak.

If a want to obtain all caches above say 3 terrain i have to split it and end up with a pq for Terrain = 3.5 and D = 3.5 to keep in the 500 limit.

I was thinking of a grid system where you can tick the various D and T combinations.

One pocket cache addition I would like would be a way to show all caches (within specified distance/location/etc) that has been Temporally Disabled. We can specify the Archived but not the temps. Maybe a small difference to some but could be helpful in some situations. I have searched the forums but have not seen this addressed.

Thanks to all,

Bob

rwsherlock

One pocket cache addition I would like would be a way to show all caches (within specified distance/location/etc) that has been Temporally Disabled. We can specify the Archived but not the temps. Maybe a small difference to some but could be helpful in some situations. I have searched the forums but have not seen this addressed.

Thanks to all,

Bob

rwsherlock

Its always been there

proof.jpg

I have long advocated an expansion of the PQ options. Like better control over d/t, filter by avg log length, filter by owner, filter by keywords, filter by number of bookmark lists etc...

All of those options would be great additions. I especially like the idea of being able to filter out specific Cache Owners and filtering by the number of Bookmark Lists.

Thanks to all,

Bob

rwsherlock

Its always been there

proof.jpg

I have checked the "Is Not Active" but still many "Archived" or "Temp Disabled" still seem to slip through. When I load the Pocket to GSAK and then download to my PDA or GPS, I get out in the field, can not find the cache, return to home to log a DNF and then find it was archived earlier. Other then going through each cache web page before going out in the field, I don't know what to do. Anybody got suggestions. I have been using GSAK for quite some time, the same with Pocket Q's. ;)

Thanks to all,

Bob

rwsherlock

Its always been there

I have checked the "Is Not Active" but still many "Archived" or "Temp Disabled" still seem to slip through. When I load the Pocket to GSAK and then download to my PDA or GPS, I get out in the field, can not find the cache, return to home to log a DNF and then find it was archived earlier. Other then going through each cache web page before going out in the field, I don't know what to do. Anybody got suggestions. I have been using GSAK for quite some time, the same with Pocket Q's. ;)

Could it be that you're not clearing your GSAK database each time? Or your PDA or GPS database? If that happened, the caches you're importing would just get added in with what's already there.

I have checked the "Is Not Active" but still many "Archived" or "Temp Disabled" still seem to slip through. When I load the Pocket to GSAK and then download to my PDA or GPS, I get out in the field, can not find the cache, return to home to log a DNF and then find it was archived earlier. Other then going through each cache web page before going out in the field, I don't know what to do. Anybody got suggestions. I have been using GSAK for quite some time, the same with Pocket Q's

I've never seen this, ie, the PQ returning inactive caches and NEVER EVER EVER archived caches.

This strongly suggests to me that you are putting the new PQ data on top of the old PQ data into your GSAK

database. This means that caches that were active last time you PQ'ed, but have since become disabled or archived are still in your database.

If you want to retain the old PQ data (retains logs) you can filter out any caches that were not returned in the current PQ by using a filter:

Search:Filter:Date: Last Update GPX. Set that date to the day before your current PQ.

All the caches caught in this filter are either archived or disabled. Delete all waypoints in the filter.

I hope this helps.

I have checked the "Is Not Active" but still many "Archived" or "Temp Disabled" still seem to slip through. When I load the Pocket to GSAK and then download to my PDA or GPS, I get out in the field, can not find the cache, return to home to log a DNF and then find it was archived earlier. Other then going through each cache web page before going out in the field, I don't know what to do. Anybody got suggestions. I have been using GSAK for quite some time, the same with Pocket Q's

I've never seen this, ie, the PQ returning inactive caches and NEVER EVER EVER archived caches.

This strongly suggests to me that you are putting the new PQ data on top of the old PQ data into your GSAK

database. This means that caches that were active last time you PQ'ed, but have since become disabled or archived are still in your database.

If you want to retain the old PQ data (retains logs) you can filter out any caches that were not returned in the current PQ by using a filter:

Search:Filter:Date: Last Update GPX. Set that date to the day before your current PQ.

All the caches caught in this filter are either archived or disabled. Delete all waypoints in the filter.

I hope this helps.

I'll give it a try. BUT let me state what I do.

I like to keep all old data in GSAK DB if possible. When the PQ data comes in, I unzip it and click on GPX file. I then use the "Data Update Options" set to "Always" in the GSAK menu. I made the assumption that this would update all old data if the new data from the PQ differed from my GSAK old data. Am I wrong? Again I assumed that if a cache was active but the new data from the PQ indicated a inactive status, the active would be over written by the new PQ data status.

Again, appreciate your comments always.

Bob

I made the assumption that this would update all old data if the new data from the PQ differed from my GSAK old data.

You're right that this will update the data on the caches included in the PQ. But the new PQ does NOT include any archived or disabled caches, so there's no update on those, and they're left in your database. See it?

I hope this helps.

I'll give it a try. BUT let me state what I do.

I like to keep all old data in GSAK DB if possible. When the PQ data comes in, I unzip it and click on GPX file. I then use the "Data Update Options" set to "Always" in the GSAK menu. I made the assumption that this would update all old data if the new data from the PQ differed from my GSAK old data. Am I wrong? Again I assumed that if a cache was active but the new data from the PQ indicated a inactive status, the active would be over written by the new PQ data status.

Again, appreciate your comments always.

Bob

I keep all the data in my GSAK database as well. After I get all the "Date Placed" PQs for this cache-rich area, I do three filters.

Last 2 DNFs -- I Delete most of those, depending on what I see on the cache page

One particular cacher -- I delete all of those caches ;)

Last .gpx Update -- Any cache returned in this filter is either Disabled or Archived, so I Delete those

After that, I can load my Palm and GPSr with new, fresh, up-to-date data. ;)