IPB Images?

Sioneva

Many times that is because someone doesn't want you linking to their picture.

Yes... but this was my picture, on a website I control. It was a PNG - when I saved it as a .gif, resized it smaller and re-linked to the new version, it worked. Weird.

I'm puzzled - when I post images to forum threads, more often then not, I just get a red x in a box, next to the words IPB Image, when I try to view the post. Is there some setting that I have mis-set?

Thanks!

Stick to JPG and GIF and you wont have a problem. PNGs dont work most times.

Not every cache needs to be a "Go In Forest" or a "Just Plain Good." Sometimes a "Park 'N Grab" is just what I'm in the mood for. This built-in bias against PNG's is troublesome.

Yes but on my computer "Park N Grabs" never show up! So in the topic CCC (Cool cache containers) People are like wow that is sneaky and I can't even see the picture! :laughing:

Not every cache needs to be a "Go In Forest" or a "Just Plain Good." Sometimes a "Park 'N Grab" is just what I'm in the mood for. This built-in bias against PNG's is troublesome.

I once paid Moose Mobs daughter to kick him in the behind for me. Have your daughter call me please. I have a business deal for her. :laughing:

Edited by Michael

Have your daughter call me please. I have a business deal for her. :)

I have bad thoughts about that :anicute:

I'm puzzled - when I post images to forum threads, more often then not, I just get a red x in a box, next to the words IPB Image, when I try to view the post. Is there some setting that I have mis-set?

Thanks!

Interestingly (when traffic is high), this site's own graphics are replaced by the IPB box!

My daughter lives too far away to kick me! ;)

(but you might be able to make a deal with my wife)

Thanks!

Interestingly (when traffic is high), this site's own graphics are replaced by the IPB box!

My daughter lives too far away to kick me! ;)

In your case I have a son that lives at 87th ave. and McDowell. I can get him to do it for gas money. :)

Thanks!

My daughter lives too far away to kick me! :)

In your case I have a son that lives at 87th ave. and McDowell. I can get him to do it for gas money. ;)

Is he a cacher?

Does he drive a Honda, or a Hummer?

I might be able to provide some hints that would trump gas money...

Back OT, .gif or .jpg are the site standards...

Is it perhaps a browser issue? I haven't used Internet Explorer for years, but I read something recently that IE 7 still doesn't support PNG, which, by the way, stands for "Portable Network Graphics." Whatever. That's a shame, because PNG is a great format. Fortunately, Firefox, arguably the best browser on both Mac and Windoze, handles PNG just fine. So does Safari, as well as many other good browsers.

Also, I always upload pics to tinypic.com, then post the image to forums with that link. Tinypic.com is a free image hosting site designed to handle that type of traffic.

Is it perhaps a browser issue? I haven't used Internet Explorer for years, but I read something recently that IE 7 still doesn't support PNG, which, by the way, stands for "Portable Network Graphics." Whatever. That's a shame, because PNG is a great format. Fortunately, Firefox, arguably the best browser on both Mac and Windoze, handles PNG just fine. So does Safari, as well as many other good browsers.

Also, I always upload pics to tinypic.com, then post the image to forums with that link. Tinypic.com is a free image hosting site designed to handle that type of traffic.

Not sure about your grapevine rumors ( ;) ), but IE supports PNG and has as far back as at least IE4. I've played with this format many times and never once had a problem with it.

Anybody can check here.

Edited by TotemLake