Werigo/Garmin Colorado Coin

retrorambler

Who else has picked one of these up? I am curious if I am supposed to activate it when I pick it up or if it is to remain unactivated? I feel like I am supposed to but it is a little strange activating something that does not necessarily belong to me. What do you think?

Where did you pick it up? Was there a note from the owner? When I drop a coin for someone else to activate, I make sure to leave a note for the finder. I'd probably give it a few days and see if it gets activated. If not, it was probably meant to be part of your collection.

I've been hoping to find one or trade for one, but I haven't heard of very many people that have them. I love my Garmin Colorado, so I'd love to find a coin to go with it. :)

These are special coins, check out the Garmin blogs,Garmin Blogs to introduce the Garmin Colorado and the Wherigo features. some folks from Garmin spent 22 days in 24 states placing these coins. When you find one you write a blog about the coin, where and when you found it... It is not apparent if I am to activate it or not.

Edited by retrorambler

The Garmin Wherigo coins are trade swag dropped off by Garmin employees and others. You can activate it and release it back in the wild of you wish or you can keep it or you can trade it or you can drop it off in one of my caches unactivated and I'll figure it out for ya.