New Ontario Event

kwalt

I'm organizing a Geocaching weekend in Quinte West either the last week in September or the First weekend in October in 2008. I'm unaware of any events taking place in Eastern Ontario during that time period. The last thing I want to do is create competition. The idea is to add another great event to enjoy.

Please advise me of any events late September/early October so that I can avoid scheduling the same weekend.

Many thanks! :rolleyes:

One way to see all published events in your province is to go to your "My Account" page. Look on the right hand side near the top for the words

List Newest in {your province} and click the name of your province. All Events will be at the top since they are the newest since they haven't happened yet.

Selecting different STATEID numbers will give you other provinces.

62 = Quebec

63 = Alberta

64 = British Columbia

65 = Manitoba

66 = New Brunswick

67 = Newfoundland and Labrador

68 = Nova Scotia

69 = Ontario

70 = Prince Edward Island

71 = Saskatchewan

72 = Northwest Territories

73 = Nunavut

74 = Yukon Territory

or

Turks and Caicos (future Canadian Province) :(

Not that I would EVER think about disagreeing with a reviewer... no not me!!

T&C doesn't have enough population to be initiated as a province (same as YK, NWT, and NVT), and they wouldnt want to become a territory, but they have agreed to join Nove scotia! Parliment has been writing the paperwork up for them... for the last 10 years... so.. we shall see :)

I'm not holding my breath!

I havn't heard of anything at that time, but just remember you need to submit your Event Cache at least 2 weeks prior to the event date. If this is not done your event may not be published in time, and it also allows out of towners to plan ahead to attend.

Binrat

Since the guidelines call for Events to not be listed until two months ahead of time, it might be best to join some of the local forums and ask around there too.

I am not sure who to ding here for taking the thread off topic :D

Go with Juicepig, he deserves it :) I'm sorry if my added joke about the humourous island/hopeful province provided an off-ramp.

Yay for new events! The CCC and KAG forums would be great places to advertise this, as they can attract a lot of "local talent", and also provide local feedback on running events.

Go with Juicepig, he deserves it :)

Just dont get the reviewers to begrudge you.. they can get very.. angry..

nacho-libre-1.jpg

why did you post a picture of me ? :D

Yay for new events! The CCC and KAG forums would be great places to advertise this, as they can attract a lot of "local talent", and also provide local feedback on running events.

Go with Juicepig, he deserves it :)

Just dont get the reviewers to begrudge you.. they can get very.. angry..

nacho-libre-1.jpg

Thanks for all the tips! I'm just getting some info confirmed before I list it. I'm getting excited!

If you need any help, contact me through my profile. Either myself or Cache-Tech would be the one reviewing it since it is in Ontario. If Juicepig can get an event listed, anyone can. Even if you just want to check out an idea, it is best to ask ahead of time if you are unsure. Likely we can find a solution.