Teams

Is it ok to log for yourself as an individual and then for a team you are on?

I have my account which I have had for a long time. My daughter is starting to get into looking with me and I wanted to setup a team for my whole family. Wife and Son may get into in the future

Is it ethically ok to sign the log twice and get credit on both id's if I am the only one there?

So, for example, I hit 4 of them today at lunch. I signed both ID's. I should contact each owner before putting up the logs?

If it were me, I might just note in the log what I am doing. Of course, if an owner deletes teh log, I would just have to live with it.

So, for example, I hit 4 of them today at lunch. I signed both ID's. I should contact each owner before putting up the logs?

If it were me, I might just note in the log what I am doing. Of course, if an owner deletes teh log, I would just have to live with it.

I can live with that. Thanx for the input. On a few question I had

I have accounts for me, my wife and each of two children. The kids are young, but love to find the caches. It takes a little longer to log all four people, but each of the kids can track where they have been seperatly. Not always are we all together on a cache.

So it helps to keep track of who has been where. I felt the team approach was unfairly giving credit for finds that one of us may have missed.

That's just the way I have decided to do it and it works pretty well.

Is it ok to log for yourself as an individual and then for a team you are on?

The "numbers" don't mean anything, other than as a way to keep track of personal finds. There is no competition. Therefore, there should never be any problem with logging twice (once as team, once as personal).

I have my account which I have had for a long time. My daughter is starting to get into looking with me and I wanted to setup a team for my whole family. Wife and Son may get into in the future

I recommend setting up one for your daughter to use. She might grow up and go caching without daddy some day and want a little independence :grin: She also might want her own personal record of found caches. If your wife and son get interested, maybe create accounts for them. Your wife can create her own account and log her own, if she wants a record, otherwise she can use just yours.

Is it ethically ok to sign the log twice and get credit on both id's if I am the only one there?

See first answer. "Credit" doesn't mean anything. It doesn't affect the cache in any way whatsoever if a Team account logs the cache, or if each member logs it independantly. Edited by J-Way

My husband and I have a team account we use to create joint hides, yet we log all our find separately. I suppose I "could" use the team account to log finds for friends who cache with us--but I usually just mention them in my own log in case they someday want make their own account and include the find they had with me. At least the cache owner could see they were with me that day.

I am supposing you made the team account because you aren't sure how thrilled your family will be with making their online logs right now? And perhaps you think they will change that view over time and wish the find were logged?

The easiest thing to do is to create accounts as the family members begin to show interest in keeping track of their individual finds. That way, there is no question of how to log it. If you wife and daughter go with you one day and the daughter wants to log but the wife doesn't then it only makes sense for the daughter to have her own account. One of you can mention you wife was there too--and if she ever does want to log her finds, she can back date them.

Look at it this way---say you do go out with your daughter and find 50 or 60 caches, and then the rest of your family becomes interested in caching and you take them back to some of the ones you already found with your daughter. How would they log the caches then? The "team" would have already logged the cache. Or if some of the team was a one cache and others in the team at another, how would anyone keep track of which ones they still wanted to do (without going through all the logs and reading them)?

It's fine to have as many individual accounts as you have individual cachers. They don't have to all be premium accounts --there is even a way to allow non-premium cachers to log member-ony caches. (One caveat--some very few cache owners prefer you not use this feature--but most allow it).

I'd go with individual accounts, if it were me.