So I have these two coins.....

Hellolost

They came with something I ordered. I realize I have no idea what I am suppose to do with these things.

They do have a tracking number and are unactivated.

I understand the whole travel bug thing but these... I am a little lost.

Am I suppose to activate them? Not activate them? Drop them in caches? Save them?

I am pretty new to this hobby and a little embarrassed to post this post :angry:

Also what does it mean when you "discover" a coin if you have never even seen it?

You can activate them if you like and then drop em in a cache, also if you like. You can just save them and look at them. They are just like a travel bug only in coin form.

Which coins are they?

Coo Coo For Caching

They are actually really cool looking. They have a bird searching for a cache in a tree on one side and on the other he is searching through a ammo box. lol

Very nicely made

Hi,

Lots of people collect coins. collecting can mean keeping them unactivated like how people collect stamps for example. Other collect them and set them loose. Some of the coins produced these days are extremely detailed and some quite valuable which has led to more and more people keeping them at home; this does however lead on to your next question..

Also what does it mean when you "discover" a coin if you have never even seen it?

..Sometimes collectors bring their coins to events, here people can see their coins but they do not actually take them. People can then log a "discovery" to show they have seen that coin. This works too if you find a coin/travel bug in a cache but decide to leave it for someone else to pick up (maybe you are unable to complete the task someone has set for it), here again you can log a discovery of the coin (This also helps the owner to know that the coin is still there).

It's fun collecting coins.. but I think better still finding them in caches and helping them on their way :angry:

Regards,

Andy : o,

Edited by WackyB

You can activate them if you like and then drop em in a cache, also if you like. You can just save them and look at them. They are just like a travel bug only in coin form.

Which coins are they?

Coo Coo For Caching

They are actually really cool looking. They have a bird searching for a cache in a tree on one side and on the other he is searching through a ammo box. lol

Very nicely made

LOL....I have a couple of those coins. One I released. One I kept. One I gave away on my Summer Mission. And the other...well I dont what I am gonna do with it yet. May save it for another mission or something. Will have to wait and see

That would be considered "virtual logging" and is generally not allowed. It's usually best to see the coin to obtain the tracking number. I often print-out several copies of the list of activated coins I'm taking to an event, then whoever looks at the coins doesn't have to bother writing all the numbers down. More time to enjoy looking at the coins. :rolleyes: