newbie to TBs

MoeZee_On_Down

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the world of geocaching and enjoying it.

I would like to start a TB, (I hope that is the correct phrase.) but from the reading that I've been doing there is no mention of starting one in someone else's cache.

Is this allowed? Is there a different way of doing this.

Here's some information about what I want to do.

Start the TB in another country and have it make it's way back to a cache in another country where I'll pick it up and (according to the rules) give it another mission or can I just retire it. Both start and final cache are not mine.

Please any advise would be appreciated.

TIA

Moe

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the world of geocaching and enjoying it.

I would like to start a TB, (I hope that is the correct phrase.) but from the reading that I've been doing there is no mention of starting one in someone else's cache.

Is this allowed? Is there a different way of doing this.

Here's some information about what I want to do.

Start the TB in another country and have it make it's way back to a cache in another country where I'll pick it up and (according to the rules) give it another mission or can I just retire it. Both start and final cache are not mine.

Please any advise would be appreciated.

TIA

Moe

You can start your bug in your cache or someone else's, even if you have (or haven't) visited it before. It's all good.

Once the bug has reached its goal you can give it another mission. Change the name, description, goal, etc. just don't delete any previous logs.

:unsure: I am aslo a newbie to travel bugs, but have ordered a couple of tags and will see how they go. However I do travel a bit and would be happy to help move some on but have never found one. Is there a way to search for travel bugs in my area?

As a Premium Member you can do a pocket query search for caches that 'Have Travel Bugs'. Unfortunately you cannot look for any more detail than that. There's no goal/mission search ability.

Edited by BlueDeuce

:grin: I am aslo a newbie to travel bugs, but have ordered a couple of tags and will see how they go. However I do travel a bit and would be happy to help move some on but have never found one. Is there a way to search for travel bugs in my area?

As a Premium Member you can do a pocket query search for caches that 'Have Travel Bugs'. Unfortunately you cannot look for any more detail than that. There's no goal/mission search ability.

If you Downloag GSAK from GSAK.net you can sort by many different criteria as well as create different filters one of which would be travel bugs. I would suggest becoming a premium member, creating pocket quaries, learn to open those into GSAK and enjoy the ease of this wonderful program. Oh, yes purchase GSAK, it is an excellent tool.

Edited by joeteach

:grin: I am aslo a newbie to travel bugs, but have ordered a couple of tags and will see how they go. However I do travel a bit and would be happy to help move some on but have never found one. Is there a way to search for travel bugs in my area?

If you Downloag GSAK from GSAK.net you can sort by many different criteria as well as create different filters one of which would be travel bugs. I would suggest becoming a premium member, creating pocket quaries, learn to open those into GSAK and enjoy the ease of this wonderful program. Oh, yes purchase GSAK, it is an excellent tool.

OR, you can do what i do. Just get lucky