Logs edited tag

Sandtracker

Why do we need a big blinking light that informs everyone that the log has been edited.

[/size][/color][This entry was edited by *********** on Friday, April 25, 2008 at 6:59:41 PM.]

What does it matter to other viewers that the log was edited usually it is just a typo or spelling error.

Why can't Groundspeak get rid of this total useless information...just edit the log and shut up about it.

You have a ten minute grace period in which to edit your log without the tag showing up. Take a minute to proofread your log before posting it, or right after posting it, or use a browser-based spellchecker.

The edit information is useful for a number of reasons.

Edited by Keystone

Its useful to tell if some has actually changed the log after you asked them to

I would think if someone wanted a log changed, they would take the time to read the log entry to see if the offending material was removed - rather than just looking to see if it had been edited.

Why do we need a big blinking light that informs everyone that the log has been edited.

[/size][/color][This entry was edited by *********** on Friday, April 25, 2008 at 6:59:41 PM.]

What does it matter to other viewers that the log was edited usually it is just a typo or spelling error.

Why can't Groundspeak get rid of this total useless information...just edit the log and shut up about it.

I can see your point, and I really don't know why it's there. But I highly doubt it's going to change. There is the 10 minute grace period, as Keystone mentioned, And I've noticed long ago, that if your log is "multi-edited", you can remove all but one of the tags, as the 2nd tag (or more) appear as text in your log that you can delete.