dropped my first coin

RedShoesGirl

today i went caching and dropped my first coin in 6 years!

it was an unactivated four spirits coin. i put a note in with it saying that it was free to keep or activate and release. i think if i end up with traders that i can't trade i am going to just drop them here and there!

lara

I, for one am Very proud of you, Lara. I bet it gave you a nice tingly feeling and a smile :blink: A rather sought after And unactivated !

it was an unactivated four spirits coin. i put a note in with it saying that it was free to keep or activate and release. i think if i end up with traders that i can't trade i am going to just drop them here and there!

lara

I, for one am Very proud of you, Lara. I bet it gave you a nice tingly feeling and a smile :blink: A rather sought after And unactivated !

why thank you m'am! it did make me feel pretty good. i like the good feeling of giving the coin to someone rather than the bad feeling when a coin has been stolen.

this is just way better.

it is a beautiful coin. it was the black one.

lara

Way to go! What cache was it??? Was it a colored four spirits coin? Cause I aint got none of those!!! :ph34r:

It does feel good-eh? Ive dropped a bunch just for swag, usually when I trade for somethin good and others just for the heck of it.

Although Ive dropped em here and there, I believe the most I have dropped unactivated have been meant for me to activate when I get home and just never do!!! :lol: ...I still have a few of the numbers- I should check em out! Funny because they wernt originally meant for swag, just ended up that way! :blink:

Way to go! What cache was it??? Was it a colored four spirits coin? Cause I aint got none of those!!! :ph34r:

It does feel good-eh? Ive dropped a bunch just for swag, usually when I trade for somethin good and others just for the heck of it.

Although Ive dropped em here and there, I believe the most I have dropped unactivated have been meant for me to activate when I get home and just never do!!! :lol: ...I still have a few of the numbers- I should check em out! Funny because they wernt originally meant for swag, just ended up that way! :blink:

well darn, if i had known you wanted one i would have sent it to you! it was the black one and it is in

link didn't work - here is the name

Rock House Ruins

( i can't get the code to work for putting words where a link is. would someone send me the code please)

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

well darn, if i had known you wanted one i would have sent it to you! it was the black one and it is in

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...9-7a8733f7a197/

Rock House Ruins

( i can't get the code to work for putting words where a link is. would someone send me the code please)

rsg

AWESOME...The link didnt work but I found it by a search. Someone will be happy and your post will avoid any coinfusion. Its better off in the cache...I have the set in the original clay fired color!

The links didnt work for me at my last internet access and if I wanted to post a pic I had to manually add [ img ] and [ /img ](without spaces- it wouldnt show up) to it and post the whole link like you did when I posted links.

Ill bet half the images show up as IPB format for ya too! :blink:

Edited by 007BigD

lara

WOW! That is generous! I am sure the feeling is great! :blink:

I hope you were closer and drop some in Rhodes, Greece too! B)

Just kiding my friend! B)

The temptation would be big and since I am the only local geocacher here.... :lol:B)

I have to stay pure! :ph34r:

lara

Congrats! It's a great feeling to do that. I recently gave away 7 coins at a CITO event I hosted and one was one of the 4 Spirit Pottery coins. The guy that won it loved it.

It's great that you included a note for what you had in mind for the coin. Whoever finds it will not have to worry if they have to trade for it or just take it to move on or what. Good on ya.

and i did the same for the coin i dropped today. a MIGO edmund fitzgerald! boy, that was fun. this series of caches was just so great i wanted to show appreciation.

what made them so special you ask?

NO ROCK MOUNTAINS to climb. our usual desert cache.

rsg

Thats very nice, I always like it when others do that! I placed a cache a few weeks back and dropped in an unactivated Kansas coin in it. The cacher that was FTF saw me a few days later and said look what I got, with a sly grin on his face! lol

Good show! It's a great feeling and it sets a great example that will hopefully reciprocate itself in you finding an unactivated coin. I search to the bottom of every container I find in the hopes that I'll one day find an unactivate coin so it's a great feeling to leave a coin knowing what it might feel like for the next lucky cacher! Very cool :laughing:

I also left an unactivated coin as the last FTF prize (along with a few other higher end items). The first 3 people finding the cache weren't into coins so left it. This was the first find for the next person and he was thrilled to find a coin and activated it immediately.

I personally only have 2 that are activated but always carry 1 unactivated coin with me just in case I find that one special cache that I think is really worth a coin or in case I run across a Mystery coin myself. LOL. It might happen.