Log Book Missing

It's one thing when a log book gets wet or becomes unusable... it's another when someone just takes it. :D

Hopefully it was a simple mistake and will be returned (I was hoping to read through it when it got full). I contacted the last person to log it online before it was reported missing to see if they had it by chance.

Fingers crossed... Probably common, but I just can't figure out for the life of me why someone would take a log book.

If it's who I think it is, they have one find... mine, lucky me!

I did that once...took a logbook from 1 cache and placed it in another cache.

When I first looked in the Ammo box, I didn't see a log book...just a Baggie with a TB and paper in it....which I thought was the TB information.

Thinking the logbook was missing, I put a piece of paper and pen in the ammo box and dropped off the TB at another cache. After another Geocacher discovered the error, I went back to the other cache, got the logbook and placed it in the proper cache. It took a few days though.

These were the log entries:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...53-403708cf4ebb

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...b4-3c9eb78b0ddc

Edited by Drooling_Mongoloid

I took one once thinking it was some kind SWAG. No markings on it and appeared brand new.

Seems it had been clipped open to the middle where about 20 people had logged it before getting closed up and nothing on the first few or last few pages.

Took me a few days to get it back.

It's one thing when a log book gets wet or becomes unusable... it's another when someone just takes it. ;)

Hopefully it was a simple mistake and will be returned (I was hoping to read through it when it got full). I contacted the last person to log it online before it was reported missing to see if they had it by chance.

Fingers crossed... Probably common, but I just can't figure out for the life of me why someone would take a log book.

If it's who I think it is, they have one find... mine, lucky me!

Hey X,

Actually, not to make your day any worse...but of the couple caches of yours that Postal and I found yesterday...I think there were two or three that had missing logs...sorry, I didn't write down which ones they were...but there is paper present for people to continue to log their finds with...

Later,

Archer

I guess that's what I get for making super cool log books... drat! ;)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look at all of them tomorrow most likely and get it taken care of - along with the missing cache.

Edited by XopherN71
Looks like a Geocaching Topics thread to me.

Thanks for your input! Too bad you're not a moderator, huh?

"Sorry ole man, I accidentally found this and just had to have the box and my son wanted the toys"

Oh man, that would just suck!

Edited by XopherN71
Looks like a Geocaching Topics thread to me.

Thanks for your input! Too bad you're not a moderator, huh?

"Sorry ole man, I accidentally found this and just had to have the box and my son wanted the toys"

Oh man, that would just suck!

Nah. Too much responsiblity and too many gripes tossed in your direction like drive-by grenades. I'm thankful for the guys and gals that are willing to put up with that.

Edited by TotemLake

I had someone take the ammo box and leave the log in baggie at the coords. He did write a note and dated it.

It said

That's why I won't use an ammo box or any other container worth anything. Good old water tight tupperware-type containers. They are not worth anything to anyone.

As for the log book, the first log book in my cache didn't make it very long. i was a little upset, as I wanted to read all the entires. I replaced it, and hopefully we don't have another person hard up for a 50 cent notebook. ;)

Well, at least he left the log ;)

If the mugglers could just leave the log and all of the trackables, we'd probably be able to put up with them more :o

What do these people want with a(n) (tupperware/ Altoids Tin/ Film Canister/ etc.) and a (piece of paper/ book/ etc.) anyway :huh:

I had someone take the ammo box and leave the log in baggie at the coords. He did write a note and dated it.

It said

That happened to one of my caches recently. It's still disabled until I can get out there with a new ammo can. :D

It said

That happened to one of my caches recently. It's still disabled until I can get out there with a new ammo can. :D

My first cache muggling went like this afrter it was hidden:

Ammo box left, all the contents taken

Ammo box taken, contents all over the place

Ammo box taken, contents taken

Human feces next to tupperware hiding place with portapotty 100 feet away and a legitimate restroom 200 feet away

Archived

I would rather have the log book come up missing and not the whole cache container. :D

Ammo boxes that are actually worth something (even if it is $5) - Sure, but for a tupperware, Altoids tin, Film Canister (that I get for free) then no - The log and any trackables are more important to me