A bunch of jeeps

Konnarock Kid & Marge

Hi folks,

I will be the first to admit a bias toward TB motels (too many of them get muggled and so many TBs are lost) and don't want to restart that discussion but I have a related question.

I have discovered a cache that has stringent logging requirements like finding a significant number of difficult caches before you can find this one. My question is: there are about 10 jeep TBs in it that have been there for as much as a year. Is this right to accumulate so many jeep TBs in a cache that requires finding all 81 of the terrain/difficulty caches before you can find this cache?

Thanks.

If it's anything like around here, the jeeps probably aren't really in there. But since the concept of a traveler is to travel, nothing is stopping you from finding the cache and setting the jeeps free. If your find log is deleted because you didn't fulfill the requirements, you still set the jeeps free.

**You could log a note instead of a find since you haven't met the requirements of the cache.

Edited by SeventhSon

If it's anything like around here, the jeeps probably aren't really in there. But since the concept of a traveler is to travel, nothing is stopping you from finding the cache and setting the jeeps free. If your find log is deleted because you didn't fulfill the requirements, you still set the jeeps free.

**You could log a note instead of a find since you haven't met the requirements of the cache.

Good point. I believe they (TBs) are there but feel a little awkward in logging or writing a note after freeing the jeeps. It would appear to me that I did it out of spite or sour grapes because of not completing the logging requirements. Maybe, I am just a chicken! :)

Well, the cache page may say "You can't log a find on this unless you do this and this and this" but does it say you can't move tb's or jeeps unless you do this and this and this? :)Cache owners shouldn't dictate what happens to someone else's traveler.

Exactly. If they complain, send them here.

If you do find the cache, go ahead and move the Jeeps. They are not owned by the cache owner. You can take them all, and you can tell them we said so. It isn't right to put that kind of restriction on anyone's TB. It holds them back, keeps them from following their goals of traveling.

Thanks folks for your advise. I am tempted to go and liberate the jeeps. If I do I will probably be stoned to death because the cache owner is kind of considered to be a caching god. He has actually completed the 81 box matrix of difficulty/terrain.

I don't have anything personally against this cacher and until now, I was one who admired him. I just think it is completely wrong to hoard that many jeeps in your cache with all of the logging restrictions. I don't suppose it violates any rules and certainly owners will not complain because we don't own the jeeps. :ph34r:

P.S. Just as I fear with TB hotels, it seems that the cache has been muggled.

I have not visited the cache in several days and after my initial posts I thought I should take a look to see if things were the same. Obviously, things are not the same, the jeeps are probably gone. What a terrible tribute to the cacher. Because of arrogance the caching community is out several jeeps.

I wish there was some rule violation and a reviewer or someone would have intervened. Sad! :ph34r:

The cache owner took care of it. I contacted him and he found the people who found the cache and took it away. The cache owner turned them into geocachers, they signed up for accounts, took some of the Jeeps, as discovered, (he's telling them to log them as retrieved), and he got the rest of the Jeeps back, re-hid the cache and is sending the Jeeps out on the great Jeep dispersion. All is well in geocachingland once more. You all have a nice day now. :P