"My Finds" PQ missing some caches

Team DEMP

I just noticed that the My Finds PQ that I've received doesn't contain some caches. The caches that are missing are 6 caches all done in July 2006 on a trip to British Columbia in Canada and Alaska. The My Finds PQ has all the remaining ~640 caches I've found.

I verified at least a couple of them indeed show as logged on the individual cache pages though I didn't check every page. The caches are:

GCQ35B - British Columbia, Canada

GC58E9 - British Columbia, Canada

GCT9CB - British Columbia, Canada

GCQ0G8 - Alaska

GCHRV2 - Alaska

GCP74G - Alaska

Any idea why these 6 aren't showing up? I have caches in California showing up in the PQ and I'm in New Jersey. Is there anyway to get these 6 correctly in the My Finds PQ or to get the GPX of those 6 with my log included?

Hmmm ... all of those cache pages show a log by you. Are you sure that they aren't showing up in the PQ? Weird.

Yup, they aren't in the PQ I got a week ago.I did a find for the cache ids (ie GCQ35B and GCQ0G8) in the GPX opened in a text editor and nothing was found. The caches were all logged in July 2006 and caches logged before/after those are showing up in the PQ.

I want to get a GPX of the 6 caches with my logs in them. I've never received these 6 caches in any PQ once they were found. I can tell because I'm not showing any log id associated with those 6 caches which is how I know I haven't received them in any PQ since I've found them.

If you are importing them into GSAK you can download a standard GPX file for the caches and then run the macro "All logs" to get all the additional logs on the caches. Check then to see that the flag in GSAK has changed to show that you have found it.

You can download the macro from the GSAK forum.

Crew - thanks for the reply. I didn't realize I could grab the 6 GPX files individually off of gc.com and it would contain my log. Seemed to work fine and though I told GSAK I had found them back in 2006, it didn't have any official "find" from gc.com so it didn't have a LogId associated to the finds.

But all is good now. Well, all is good with me. Still a mystery as to why they aren't showing up in the My Finds PQ. I guess someone from Groundspeak needs to look at why.

I created a new GSAK database and dropped the last My Finds PQ into it. It only showed 368 caches. I've found about 640 around the time I had the PQ sent to me earlier in the month.

The description of the My Finds PQ states:

You can receive a Pocket Query containing a list of all the caches you have found, along with your log entries. Running this query will add it to the current queue for the day.

Any idea? And at least some of the caches in Alaska are still active/available.

Ok, hold everything. When I looked at the My Finds PQ, I accidentally selected the last "Found" PQ I have generated which is why the counts were so far off.

I created a new GSAK db and loaded in the correct My Finds PQ GPX from 4/6. It shows 641 caches including the missing caches from Alaska and Canada.

I'll have to investigate tonight, when I get home from work, why it wasn't updating the Last GPX date in GSAK for those caches.

I've ran 2 my finds pq from gc.com and both have been wrong. The first one was way off, but the second one was only 7 off. In looking at the dates between my finds queries 4/12 and 4/19 I found 7 caches, and those were the ones missing. I still don't know if there is a lag, minimum time delay or what? There is nothing on FAQ regarding this that I saw, and none of the forum posts have answered my questions. I use Gsak as well, and it shows all my caches.

I've ran 2 my finds pq from gc.com and both have been wrong. The first one was way off, but the second one was only 7 off. In looking at the dates between my finds queries 4/12 and 4/19 I found 7 caches, and those were the ones missing. I still don't know if there is a lag, minimum time delay or what? There is nothing on FAQ regarding this that I saw, and none of the forum posts have answered my questions. I use Gsak as well, and it shows all my caches.

A couple of times when I was in a hurry, I've logged a number of new cache finds on the Web site, then immediately (within just a few minutes) I ran a My Finds pocket query. The results I received by e-mail were incomplete. In some cases, one or more of the new caches I'd found weren't included at all; in another case, the cache was included, but the information for my log wasn't.

I assume it has something to do with multiple servers needing to synch their databases at regular intervals. I've gotten in the habit of waiting at least a couple of hours between entering new cache logs and generating the My Finds pocket query.

--Larry

Check that you have not done the same as Team DEMP.

Download the GPX file into a new empty database in GSAK and check to see if all the files are in there. Check the latest GPX date on the records to make sure that you have the correct gpx file. Check thisdate in your "MY FINDS" database to ensure that you have the correct file loaded into there as well.

Also - Are you running the "MY FINDS" PQ at the bottom of the PQ page or are you setting up a standard PQ with the option "found" ticked? This one will not give you archived caches in your list.

Edited by Crew 153

A couple of times when I was in a hurry, I've logged a number of new cache finds on the Web site, then immediately (within just a few minutes) I ran a My Finds pocket query. The results I received by e-mail were incomplete. In some cases, one or more of the new caches I'd found weren't included at all; in another case, the cache was included, but the information for my log wasn't.

I assume it has something to do with multiple servers needing to synch their databases at regular intervals. I've gotten in the habit of waiting at least a couple of hours between entering new cache logs and generating the My Finds pocket query.

--Larry

I have had the same thing happen a couple of times and the explanation I received was exactly that. I usually wait until the next day to get the All Finds PQ when I need to update that.