Geocoin purchases

Roland42

Smartass reply:

Ebay

I was gonna say this, too. eBay is really the only place on the web that has a continuously updated, rotating selection of both new and older coins for sale. All of the vendor's sites will only have the new stock and possibly any old stock that they can't sell for one reason or another.

I'm new to using geocoins and was thinking of buying some and ebay was the first thing I thought of but I'm not sure what I need to make sure they have .....should it state that an activation code is included or is that something I can find on another site after I get them

Make sure you know if you are buying an activated or unactivated coin. The auction should list that, and if it doesn't ask the seller.

Most unactivated coins come with a little piece of paper that tell you where to retrieve the activation code. Sometimes the code is included with the coin. If you want to know about a specific coin you see on ebay, ask the seller if the coin has the code with it.

Thank you to the people who have responded so far without promoting a store - well done.

As stated, the pinned threads are a great place to start. eBay by far has the most selection of coins as you get older coins, newer coins, and coins that both individuals and companies have made. Since the title of this thread is a bit vague, and the discussion seems to have drifted a bit towards eBay questions about coins, it seems appropriate to let it stand for now.

Lots of great places, but if really looking for selection, then yes ebay is going to give you the most options. Just make sure you ask any questions before the auctions close. Most folks are great but you just need to watch out for yourself. Check if it does not state if it is new and unactivated. You can also search to see how much the same coin has gone for before. Some are listed Hard to Find tht are still for sell at regular sites.

Most important thing is have fun and welcome.

I should say run, but hey can't leave the shiney things alone myself :mad:

Edited by T"n"T

For a while there were some blogs that seemed to do a great job of annoucing the new coin releases. Cachegame hasn't updated their site in some time and the. NewGeocoins.com has a blog but it seems to have cut back on the amount of new announcements that are posted considerably.

It is quite a bit to keep up with all the new coin announcements.