Average Cost?

XopherN71

The number of coins you want to order, the company you work with to handle the minting, if you want them to be trackable, what type of enamel or other finishes you choose, etc.. will all affect the price. But coins aren't cheap and can cost you anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars to have a coin made. Your best bet would be to contact one or more of the coin companies mentioned in the pinned thread at the top of the coin forum. Send them the art that you are thinking of using, and other other information that you know such as how many coins and if they will be trackable, and the companies will send you a price quote.

"complete front/back mirror" and "average coin" don't belong in the same sentence :P:laughing: .

Do you really mean entirely mirror or do you mean entirely glass so it's see through? Mirror would have a backing on it to create the mirror effect and so it wouldn't be see through.

My first thought is that the edges will be pretty sharp and mighty fragile on either mirror or glass. Do you envision the mirror or glass being set in a protective frame?

If you really want this, your best bet would be to print the details I think. Is that what you had in mind? There might be a lot of what the factory calls 'loss' with etching on a mirror so that puts their costs up when they see risk coming up. Also, you'd need to consider how to safely ship them or have them travel in caches without the mirror breaking or people getting cut...

FYI, I'm pretty sure that mirror has to be ordered custom cut and the minimum is 2,000 pcs. We went through this when we custom ordered the mirror for the Geocoin Addict coins. Luckily we have another project that will make use of the rest of them.

I'm guessing that the OP means that the images are exact mirror images of the coin so that when you look at the back of the coin, it appears as if you're looking through the coin.

I could be wrong. (I usually am!)

That was my take on his question. But the first answer OP got about costs is still most likely close, lots of it depends on how many, how big, how many colors, what effects, tracking is a huge thing. It all depends on the details.

Good luck with whatever you decide.