Urban Caches in Northern NJ

Phil&Phil2008

I hope this is the right place to put this. Is there a list of great urban caches in Northern, NJ?

Best bet is to look at some known urban micros and see if there are any bookmarks on the cache pages.

I've seen a couple bookmarks on some pages in the NE portion of the state.

You can search for some 1/1 and or any 1 star terrain caches and look over the pages and read the logs and get and idea of the quality of the caches. However, this one sounds like a DIY project.

What is your definition of urban? Are you talking Camden, Newark, Paterson and Jersey City, or just any built up area? Would a town park in Lodi qualify as urban, or are you looking more for something out in the streets?

Hiya Briansnat! ;)

We (Dad and I) are looking for urban caches in: Hackettstown, Blairstown, Johnsonburg, and the parks in them. I'm not sure were Lodi is, I wouldn't want to hunt in Newark, Camden or any of the NJ 'city's'. I am a victim of the mindset that there's a thug around every corner :anibad:B) (Not true, I know).

Thanks much,

Phil

My goodness, where do you live if you consider Hackettstown, Blairstown and Johnsonburg urban? :anibad:

So basically you're looking for caches in town parks, rather than out in the forest when you say "urban".

Your best bet is to check these parks out on Google Earth and see what caches are in them.

The site's map function is another good way to accomplish what BrianSnat's talking about. If you haven't done it before, click on your own username in the top-right corner of the homepage (once you're signed in), click on "from your home coordinates" near the top of the right sidebar, and then click "Search for caches with Google Maps" near the top of the page just left of the center. The map will be centered on your home coords and will display all available caches nearby; from there you can zoom out to see the surrounding area, and change it to satellite-picture view to distinguish woods GZs from ones closer to civilization.

My goodness, where do you live if you consider Hackettstown, Blairstown and Johnsonburg urban? :D

So basically you're looking for caches in town parks, rather than out in the forest when you say "urban".

Your best bet is to check these parks out on Google Earth and see what caches are in them.

G'morning, B)

Hahhahhah.. I guess the term would be suburban? :D

Thanks, I'll check out the maps now.

My goodness, where do you live if you consider Hackettstown, Blairstown and Johnsonburg urban? ;)

Blairstown? I've been there, I gave their American Legion Post another American Legion posts license plate (they didn't have one to trade). I wonder if they hung it up? :)

Here ya' go, the A&P parking lot smack dab in the middle of Blairstown: Lets Shop 2

I remember Misty's Shadow having several easy caches in the area, although I'd not consider most of them urban.

Here ya' go, the A&P parking lot smack dab in the middle of Blairstown: Lets Shop 2

I remember that one! I did it on the way to Manunka Chunk Tunnels, which is a legendary cache that I think everyone within 50 miles should do sometime. On the same loop, I did a few quick ones near where Rts. 46, 94, and 80 all meet at the PA border, and further east I did Ghost Lake's Forgotten Spirits, which is another fun one with a small cave to explore just beyond the GZ. I would recommend them all.