how can you search for newly placed cache's so i can get ftf

ONEWAY_DK

Im just starting out in geocaching but up to about 16 finds now but i want to find my FTF cache but dont no how to search for recently placed caches. so how do i get a FTF any pointers?
If you do a PQ then you can restrict the search to caches hidden in the last week. But if where you are is anything like here, you have a couple hours to snag a FTF :anibad:

The best thing to do is turn on alerts for your searching area so you get email notifications of caches as soon as they're posted. You can also direct them to your cell phone. If you read the FTF on my cache Don't HESSitate GCYEMF :

September 22, 2006 by BigMahma (174 found)

Ughhhh! I was PLACING a cache here when the notification came across my mobile email! No kidding on hesitation! new record on FTF... under 2 minutes of publish Tfth!

He had the alerts on his mobile device and got the FTF within 2 minutes of publishing.

You have to be ready to pounce and fast on your feet....

Im just starting out in geocaching but up to about 16 finds now but i want to find my FTF cache but dont no how to search for recently placed caches. so how do i get a FTF any pointers?

If you sign up for it, you will get a weekly e-mail of all the latest caches placed in your area. By the time you receive the e-mail it's likely too late, but who knows, maybe a more remote cache will sit around for a few days before FTF. I've placed caches that took 4-5 days before the FTF.

If you become a premium member you can get instant notifications, and if you are like some FTF hounds you can have those notifications sent to your cell phone.

Edited by briansnat

Or you can go to www.geocaching.com/my/ (My Account Details) and on the right side of the page there is a link to show newest in <state>, being the state your home coords are in. Scroll past the events, and you will see the newest published caches.

Yeah, that was probably the best method in the old days before email notifications. If you don't want to become a premium member right away, try it.