Best Southern State?

vasinger

Sorry, Virginia is in the Northeast forum, so you don't count as the south! ;)

Virginia IS NOT the Northeast. That must be a typo, lol. Its the South. It was Southern long before Texas or Alabama were even states.

And I never considered Texas the South, IMO.

Its out West.

Its not Southern.

Edited by vasinger
What southern states are your favorite?

I may be parital but I have to say VIRGINIA!

Okay, followed closely by Tennessee and Georgia.

Virginia's cool. My Dad's family is from there. I also like Maryland where I grew up. I'm also partial to North Carolina because we used to go to the Outer Banks every year and I love it down there. ;)

Sorry, Virginia is in the Northeast forum, so you don't count as the south! :laughing:

Virginia IS NOT the Northeast. That must be a typo, lol. Its the South. It was Southern long before Texas or Alabama were even states.

Its out West.

Its not Southern.

Yes, VA would most certainly be the south...more a reference to the silliness of the forum grouping. :laughing:

I know we get grief that we're not part of the "deep south" and since Texas has such a wide area, we have a lot of cultural identities too. I figure having been part of the confederacy, we pretty much signed up with the south.

And hey, if the census lists it, it MUST be official!

Census Regions and Divisions of the United States

And visiting Richmond and New York, NY fairly regularly on business, I wouldn't have lumped VA into the northeast.

Sorry, Virginia is in the Northeast forum, so you don't count as the south! :D

Its out West.

Its not Southern.

Maybe West Texas could be considered "out West." If you look at a map though, I think it's pretty clear that 1) most of Texas is smack-dab in the middle of the country latitudinally, and 2) only one state (Florida, by virtue of Key West) is any further south than Texas. Texas is certainly a hell of a lot further south than Virginia.

- Mark

I'm obviously partial to Tennessee, especially West TN, but I've done some GREAT Alabama, Georgia, and Arkansas caches too. Mississippi has some of my better memories, also.

And I have to say, Robert E Lee would roll over in his grave if he heard us say Virginia is not "Southern!" :D And John B. Hood's Texans were some of the toughest troops Lee ever had!

Edited by Spencersb