FROM ALABAMA AND DON'T HAVE A CLUE

I am very interested in learing how to get started. Does anyone every mentor a poor soul who is totally lost when it comes to Geocaching? :D I do not breath too much air, am housetrained, I do not required too many potty stops (carried a 10 lb baby and did not require diapers) and will only speak when spoken to (unless my husband is talking).

Can you tell me how to find local Geocachers?

Is anyone out there............... :D

Vicki

I am very interested in learing how to get started. Does anyone every mentor a poor soul who is totally lost when it comes to Geocaching? :D I do not breath too much air, am housetrained, I do not required too many potty stops (carried a 10 lb baby and did not require diapers) and will only speak when spoken to (unless my husband is talking).

Can you tell me how to find local Geocachers?

Is anyone out there............... :D

Vicki

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=22.

Sweet home. :D

I'm sure you will find friends that cache in Alabama if you visit the DixieCachers website. I've met lots of great cacher friends while caching in and around Alabama and the DixieCachers site covers the entire state.

Thanks so much for your reply. Being completely new to Geocaching, I really don't know what is considered proper. Would it be okay to find someone in my area from a forum and maybe send them an e-mail? I don't want to seem like a stalker!

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Would it be okay to find someone in my area from a forum and maybe send them an e-mail?

Perfectly acceptable. Like BDD said, you'll find some nice folks at Dixiecachers. You might also do a search near your home and click on the profile of folks who hid those caches. Just keep in mind there's a lot of folks who hid things long ago who don't cache much anymore, and lots of others don't obsess over it like many of us do, so it may take a few emails to get you going.