Getting coordinates?

Balloburn

Are there any online mapping service where one can get coordinates in degrees and minutes?

The reason is, one could then add these coordinates to ones Etrex to make waypoints. Which would come very handy when planning future routes to follow.

Of course, you could just use the Caches along a route option... if you're a premium member.

Thanks to camping events I travel up and down the country all summer, and always plan my caches along the way using caches along a route.

You can change the settings on Google earth to degrees decimal minutes.This is done in the preferences in one of the drop down menus.

I just just checked the position of one of my own caches and the co ordinates were spot on.

I think the kml files show less accuracy.

GC's KML files are deliberately inaccurate as the whole purpose of the hobby is to use a GPS to find the container :D:P

I'm a newbie to this caching lark. I'm a keen MTBiker, and log coordinates from planned routes into my GPS to keep me on track. In the past when using British Grid on the GPS, it was always pretty inaccurate. Was hoping the OS mapping service "GET A MAP" would do coordinates in degrees and minutes.

Why is British Grid so inaccurate on GPS?