Going back again to a Cache for a Travel item ?

Woolfienz

:rolleyes:

Today I went back to a cache that I had found several months ago, because I saw that it had an interesting Geocoin in it. I have picked up the coin with the intention to move it on, and added a "Write Note" on the Waypoint page.

It was after I got home, I had a thought that going back to a cache that you have already found may not be viewed as good form.

What do you think ? is this rude ? is it acceptable ?

Edited by Woolfienz

That is good that you thought to worry about whether it was an appropriate thing to do! We have gone back to a few local caches to 'liberate' travellers. We live in a somewhat remote area, and TB and coins can sometimes end up doing a circuit of many of the local caches but not really getting very far. So when we are going out of the area on a longer trip we sometimes go and get a TB or coin that has been around for a while and take it to new territory - especially if we are going somewhere that will help it with its objective. I've never thought to ask whether it was a good thing to do though, so I'm glad you did ask!!

Annie

Going back to a previously visited cache is just fine. We've done it before.

I rather take the personal position that if I go back to get a traveler from a cache I've already visited, I should leave another traveler behind. But that's just me personally. If someone returns to one of my caches just to get a traveler, I don't mind in the least.

So go for it.

:mad:

THANKS EVERYONE - When you are new to a group activity, it is sometimes hard to learn the appropriate behaviour and what is considered o.k. or not on.

I like to move on the Geocoins, but I have been taking photos of them before placing them in a new caches. So I am 'collecting' the photos and putting them in a notebook/gallery, but I'm still keeping the coins moving for everyone else.

Happy Caching !

Perfectly fine by most standards. I have a whole list of Caches "I'm Likely..." to revisit.

Thanks Robert, I made sure not to log it as a "Find" , but wrote a note. :D

You did right, then, as far as i am concerned. There are three or four I visit every summer with a kids group we have. We even do a special "gps/geocaching" day along with local geology. I always make sure to write a note "checked on this cache again - its okay", or something to that effect. Especially for older caches - where the owner might not hear anything about it for months, its good to know that someone looked at it.

I have gone around to a couple of the local TB hotels etc and swapped or retrieved items, especially if I am going to be moving them to another area on a geocaching trip. I just always mark the log with a note rather than another find. Never had any problems with that.

My very first find ever had a TB in it & I did not know about it nor would I have knew what to do with it if I had of taken it. I have since thought about going back to get it & helping it on is way. This would probably be a goof idea because this TB is way off course of what the owner ask for. Right now it is in a remote rural area S. IL & the owner asks that it not leave the MA or NH area. I doubt that I can get it back home but maybe I could help it get started back that way.