NORDIC Caching Traveler Geocoins

Dr. Whoever

NORDIC CACHING TRAVELER GEOCOINS

Get them here: Nordic Caching Traveler Geocoins

My pal Smort78 from Norway emailed me and asked about a set of affordable and yet beautiful geocoins for the Nordic Countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland). FOR UNDER $5.00 EACH !!!!! We decided to use the Flags of Nordic Countries and then added an incredible Viking Axe in 3-D to the back side. Both side of these amazing 1.25" x 2.5mm Geocoins are full of the colors of the Nordic Countries. These wonderful geocoins come with a 6" chain for each one, are TRACKABLE with unique icons which look exactly like the small flag cluster on the back of the coins. These are larger than micros and will not fit into a film container. I added epoxy coating for protection of your traveler and it just adds another element of beauty. These fantastic INEXPENSIVE Geocoins can also be used as a very beautiful and unique zipper pull, necklace or keychain decoration or just send them out on a mission.

These were minted in Gold and Nickel with 10 VERY LIMITED EDITION sets in Copper that are in Smort78's possession. So, if you want those work it out with him. I also made 10 sets of Black Nickel that I kept for later.

The Copper and Black Nickel sets WILL NOT be re-minted.

Here is the icon: nordic32.gif

NordicGold.jpg

NordicSilver.jpg

Edited by Castle Man

While the color schemes for the various nordic countries are reasonably accurate, the fact that you chose to use one die for both the two color and three color flags makes the two color flags look very poor in my mind with the extra raised metal where it does not belong. :unsure:

So while the coins for Iceland and Norway may be great, the coins for Finland, Denmark and Sweden do not in my mind truly represent the flags of those countries.

How would you feel if someone put a few extra stripes on the US flag? <_< That's about how I feel about seeing the flags of my ancestors done in such a manner.

While the color schemes for the various nordic countries are reasonably accurate, the fact that you chose to use one die for both the two color and three color flags makes the two color flags look very poor in my mind with the extra raised metal where it does not belong. :unsure:

So while the coins for Iceland and Norway may be great, the coins for Finland, Denmark and Sweden do not in my mind truly represent the flags of those countries.

How would you feel if someone put a few extra stripes on the US flag? :unsure: That's about how I feel about seeing the flags of my ancestors done in such a manner.

I agree that Iceland and Norway look a lot better, Finland, Denmark & Sweden look kind of silly. But as I understand the die adds a lot to the cost, so I can see why this was done. I do like cheap coins <_<

I know it's different b/c it's an artistic choice not a cost-cutting choice, but, most american flag coins don't have all 50 stars or 13 stripes...

Micke, the Swede of the family (I'm only a naturalized Swede :) ) says that he is kind of in agreement with DFlye.

I can see both sides of the coin, pardon the pun, but that has a lot to do with me having dabbled a little bit in the coin making side of things.

It's a pity there wasn't a different way to do it that would preserve the lower price and allow for that extra stripe to be removed, but I guess if we're wanting the lower prices we've got to make allowances and allow for artistic license!

I also agree with Mick, there are a TON of US flag representations that don't have all the stars represented or stripes, either!

Naomi :)