Appropriate Pictures of TB's

oldfun

Is it inappropriate to post pictures of TB's that show their tracking number or have their name mentioned in the picture caption? I suppose revealing either could allow someone to move it without actually being there? Is that right? Thanks for any help you can provide this newbie.

Thanks to all who have replied! I really appreciate it. Looks like I have an edit to take care of.

Thanks again,

Oldfun

Edited by oldfun

Is it inappropriate to post pictures of TB's that show their tracking number or have their name mentioned in the picture caption? I suppose revealing either could allow someone to move it without actually being there? Is that right? Thanks for any help you can provide this newbie.

Revealing the TB's name is fine, but the tracking number should not be shown. I know it seems silly, but some people will inappropriately log a TB if the tracking number is shown in a photo. I usually turn the dogtag away from the camera before taking a picture; however, if I do accidentally get the tracking number in the shot it is easy to edit it out before posting the image online.

:ph34r:

Always turn the tag over to hide the number so it doesn't get any virtual logs (logging by someone who never saw the TB in person).

If you take a photo you really want to use and the number is showing, you can smudge the number if you have a photo editor.

There is a number on all TB/geocoin pages called a reference number that you can use to refer to the bug.

If you take a photo you really want to use and the number is showing, you can smudge the number if you have a photo editor.

If you don't have Photoshop or anything fancy, this can also easily be done in Paint by just scribbling over the number.

Yep, or select and copy a bit of the silver and paste it over the numbers.

Thanks to all who have replied! I really appreciate it. Looks like I have an edit to take care of.

Thanks again,

Oldfun

My edit is done on TB "Kuzin-Itt" image. Hope this will pass muster with all. I'll remember to just turn the tag over for future pics.

Thanks,

Oldfun

If you don't have Photoshop or anything fancy, this can also easily be done in Paint by just scribbling over the number.

Yep, or select and copy a bit of the silver and paste it over the numbers.

I like to select a color from the silver section and "spray paint" over the number