Distance from home

yandi

G'day

Quick query and I hope it's not too obvious an answer.

When I search via my postcode {zipcode}, the search max's out at 70 kilometers. I want to search further than that. If I search by state then it comes up with over a thousand and 53 pages with no distance from my home.

Sooo how do I search for cache's up to say 200 k's from home??

Any help appreciated.

When you get the search results, add &dist=x where x equals the radius in miles (no way to change) to the end of the url.

If you lived in Moose, WY and entered 83012 in the zip code search, you'd get this website as a result

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?zip=83012

This results in 186 caches.

add &dist=200 and you'll get 5,048 caches.

When you get the search results, add &dist=x where x equals the radius in miles (no way to change) to the end of the url.

If you lived in Moose, WY and entered 83012 in the zip code search, you'd get this website as a result

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?zip=83012

This results in 186 caches.

add &dist=200 and you'll get 5,048 caches.

I like Moose - nice town. Used to visit every summer. I gaurantee all 186 of those caches come with a scenic view. Even if they are on the gaurdrail in a ditch behind the dumpter - just look west towards the Tetons.

G'day

When I search via my postcode {zipcode}, the search max's out at 70 kilometers. I want to search further than that. If I search by state then it comes up with over a thousand and 53 pages with no distance from my home.

Any help appreciated.

Welcome to the Forums! :D

Another option would be to become a Premium Member so you can get Pocket Queries. You can set up a few of those to adequately cover your "home" area, then you can set up a "Caches Along A Route" PQ between home and the other area. Then, set up more PQs for the area 200 kms from home. :D

G'day

Any help appreciated.

As others have said you need to become a Premium member so you can run multiple Pocket Queries to get a wider area.

G'day again.

Thanks heaps for the reply's.

Team Magic - not a bad quick fix, unfortunately {or fortunately as I reckon} I live on the Western edge of the Great Victoria Desert therefore the next postcode to the East is 2000 odd k's away West, South and North are closer but still a fair hike.

Markwell - deadset brilliant, exactly what I was after.

kraushad - your welcome.