In mails sort "Upcoming Events" by distance

Image Maker

My text did not get added. Here it is again:

I receive the weekly mail which looks like:

... I. Welcome New Geocachers!

... II. Happy New Year from Groundspeak!

... III. Geocaching in the News (1 Article)

... IV. Upcoming Events (26 Events)

... V. Recently Published Geocaches (152 Caches)

The last section sorts new caches by distance to my home coords, which is REALLY useful. However, the "Upcoming Events" doesn't. I am only interested in nearby events and am concerned that I will oversee one in the middle of the rest. Can this mail behaviour be made more consistent, also sorting the events by increasing distance?

Thanks

The last section sorts new caches by distance to my home coords, which is REALLY useful. However, the "Upcoming Events" doesn't. I am only interested in nearby events and am concerned that I will oversee one in the middle of the rest. Can this mail behaviour be made more consistent, also sorting the events by increasing distance?

Thanks

no, its a one size fits all deal. You either have to 'mentally' filter the weekly notice, or just turn it off completely and look things up yourself :(

<snip> The last section sorts new caches by distance to my home coords, which is REALLY useful. However, the "Upcoming Events" doesn't. I am only interested in nearby events and am concerned that I will oversee one in the middle of the rest. Can this mail behaviour be made more consistent, also sorting the events by increasing distance?Thanks

Here is a link to a previous request for a customized cache/event email. One poster expanded the original request to include events indexed by distance. There were not very many replies to the thread, and none by TPTB. I wonder if they will have anything to say this time.

Weekly Notification, user-controlled options?

Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, I regularly get 20 or more events reported from within the default 200 mile radius. Germany apears to have an amazing number of GeoCaching enthusiasts. Just a bit surprised that it is possible to sort one list but not the other. As the newsletter is using a 200 mile radius it has to be individual, so why not sort the event list like the cache list?

The events are sorted in chronological order, so that this weekend's events show up before February's events.

I'm sure if the order were changed to a distance sort, there would be a forum thread complaining about how this weekend's event was missed by the reader because it was buried 20 items down on the list. :anicute:

However, the "Upcoming Events" doesn't. I am only interested in nearby events and am concerned that I will oversee one in the middle of the rest. Can this mail behaviour be made more consistent, also sorting the events by increasing distance?

Thanks

I would hate to have the events sorted by distance! That would make it VERY hard to see events that are coming up soon. I also tend to ignore events that are a long ways away, but it's very easy to skip those when scanning the E-Mail. It I miss an event that comes the weekend after the weekly E-Mail, I can't go back in my way-back time machine so I can attend...

Just my 2 cents worth...