Ideas for details

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I have some ideas on how I want this to work, but I'm looking for additional input for the details on a TB that will rack up miles and logs, generating a donation (by me) to a good cause.

Basically I'm thinking of a per mile amount, and a per drop/discovery amount with a minimum and maximum per year.

for example $.01 per mile traveled + $.50 per Drop/Discovery(Virtual drops for false mileage not allowed), with a $100/$500 min/max.

10,000 miles traveled=$100.00

100 drops/discoverys= $50.00,

calculated annually if the first year works out.

Any thoughts on this idea?

Here's the Bug so far http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1235111

To clarify, You Cachers move/discover the Bug...I make the donation. Not asking anyone else for money

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I stole this idea from Robert (thank you!).

My donation will go to an animal shelter. Do you think it matters whether I give the money to my local shelter, or do you think it would encourage people to move the TB if I pledge the money to the National SPCA?

I looked at the last ten TB's I have moved - they average about 1,500 miles per year (excluding those I brought over from Europe).

Edited by ncfinn

Great idea.. kinda unique in a way of determining the amount. :)

It may also encourage people to move the bug faster/further then it would without this.

I've been thinking that it might move more than some others. That's one reason I'll need to put a maximum on the donation.

another calculation I thought of for someone whe wants to budget their commitment, is to just set a donation amount they're comfortable with, and say that if the bug reaches certain goals the donation will be made for the year. This is basically the same as a walk-a-thon but I don't have to do the walking. We had several fund raisers like this in my youth group as a teen, they were always fun.

I'm willing to send a TB tag to up to 5 people who want to copy the idea, as long as you are willing to make a commitment to follow through with the donation (and it's a cause I can support) Send me a note if you want to do one (first five requests).