Where did the cache go? (GC1894B)

Blue Power Ranger

I collected the information for a cache I wanted to find yesterday (GC1894B) and went and found the cache this afternoon without any trouble. Today when I went to log the cache, I was unable to locate it in the site anymore.

I thought maybe it had just been archived but I don't even see it listed as an archived cache under the hider's name, SuperCoop.

I even looked at the profile of the finder listed in the logbook before me and don't see it listed as a found cache in his profile eitherI've never run across this before. Any ideas? :anicute::anibad::anibad:

There was a cache here that had been Archived because of an issue with a neighbor near a little neighborhood park. When the issue came up a few weeks back, references were posted back to the logs on that Archived cache. Those logs were there . . . and then they weren't.

So, in the case of the "Treehugger" cache, it was Retracted more than two years after it had been Archived . . . Very interesting . . .

There was a cache here that had been Archived because of an issue with a neighbor near a little neighborhood park. When the issue came up a few weeks back, references were posted back to the logs on that Archived cache. Those logs were there . . . and then they weren't.

So, in the case of the "Treehugger" cache, it was Retracted more than two years after it had been Archived . . . Very interesting . . .

Interesting indeed. I wonder how the logs of the trackables that passed through that cache are impacted.

I wonder how the logs of the trackables that passed through that cache are impacted.

Logs of all types on retracted caches remain visible to the owner of the log, and no one else.

The cache itself is visible to the cache owner, like any unpublished cache.

No stats are lost. If you have a find on a cache that is retracted, your find log will be visible to you, and your find count remains the same. The trackable mileage is uneffected.

If it wasn't just retracted then you can still see the cache page if you know the owner of the cache. I make it a habbit to record that little piece of information for all caches I put into my GPS just for this very issue.

No, I don't use PQ's anymore so new caches are not in my old GSAK database of all caches in all of New England and quite a bit of NY.