Question: How can I read unique serial # of memory card?

xxgg

Hello.

Does anyone here know how to read the 10-digit unique serial number that is assigned to every type of memory card? In this case, I would like to find out the serial number on my SD Memory card.

Any Windows program that can get this information(s) ?

With Garmin nuvi, 10-digit serial number of inserted memory card can be read from it's hidden service menu.

Does Garmin 60CSx have some sort of hidden service menu aswell ?

Would appreciate your input.

Thank you!

Hymm, didn't know about this serial #.

Can the # be 9 digits?

I put my Vista HCx into Mass Storage Mode, then using My Computer, I right-clicked for the disc properties and went to Hardware where I see my card maker is Fujitsu and has a number, MHV20XXXX.

Can the # be 9 digits?

I put my Vista HCx into Mass Storage Mode, then using My Computer, I right-clicked for the disc properties and went to Hardware where I see my card maker is Fujitsu and has a number, MHV20XXXX.

I tried a normal SD card [from the iQue] and a Micro SD card [from 60Csx] in the iQue and both gave me a card ID number - 8 digits!

Back in my earlier days of computing (the 80's) there were DOS utilies that could access the areas (sectors and clusters) reserved on a media for such things as FAT tables and table logs of bad spots on a disk whether it be a floppy or harddrive. These areas also contain info such as media type, manufacturer etc. These areas are not reachable via the regular explorer access. I believe all medias are assigned a s/n by the format process when they are formatted. Since using windows I have lost interest in these type of utilies but I believe they are still out there. I use to use one to create a catalog of what programs were on my disks just by insertting them into the drive via a "MS Basic program".

This is why a disk cannot be fixed that has a damaged MBR (Master boot record). Most other bad spots on a disk will be flagged as "Not Usable" when you format a disk. This is transparently done on format. Also this is the main purpose of "Scandisk" with the repair option turned on.

Maybe still do-able with a "Basic program"

Well... Wiki is showing that it contains unique 10 digit serial number.

Yes, I did try Enter + Power On with my 60Csx. It does not show any information about memory card used.

I guess I need to borrow my brother's nuvi to get this information.

There must be a software that can.

Edited by xxgg

]Hello.

Does anyone here know how to read the 10-digit unique serial number that is assigned to every type of memory card? In this case, I would like to find out the serial number on my SD Memory card.

With Garmin nuvi, 10-digit serial number of inserted memory card can be read from it's hidden service menu.

Thank you!

Can the # be 9 digits?

Did you give this a try? Your 60CSX also has a mass storage mode.

]Hello.

Thank you!

Can the # be 9 digits?

Did you give this a try? Your 60CSX also has a mass storage mode.

Oh I am not that newbie with computers.

I have dugged through all the properties under device manager for disks.

Information just isn't there...

You asked about internal 10-digit serial number of micro SD memory card. AFAIK it cannot be read from Garmin 60CSx hidden service menu - at least pages I accessed from an earlier post in this thread. I have an old Palm M125 that reads the SD card number from its "card info" menu - should work OK thru adaptor but havent tried it. Hope this helps.