How to change how GSAK transfers data to my Garmin

ItsGForMe

There are a number of codes to use in any combination to get just the information that is important to you. For my caching, this is the code I use for the Waypoint name for my Garmin Vista HCx:

%smart=9 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

This includes part of the Name, the Size of the container, the Type of cache (Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Puzzle), the Difficulty and Terrain (based on a 10-point scale).

Because I usually need the hint to find the more-difficult caches, I use this code in the Waypoint Description blank:

%Name=10 %hint

If you need the GC code, you can use the "smart name" code for that in the Waypoint Description blank.

If you have an 'x' Garmin, you can use Garmin's free POI Loader to load caches as Points of Interest and get even more information about each cache in the Comments field.

It sounds like you have some good information, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Where do you insert these codes? I was just logging in here to find out why GSAK doesn't have the correct dates for the caches I download. It will leave the date found blank when it's been found, it will show the date placed as today's date but it was placed a year ago, etc. This topic you wrote about is something I'd like to do too.

It sounds like you have some good information, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Where do you insert these codes? I was just logging in here to find out why GSAK doesn't have the correct dates for the caches I download. It will leave the date found blank when it's been found, it will show the date placed as today's date but it was placed a year ago, etc. This topic you wrote about is something I'd like to do too.

I have a Vista HCx...Can I load the caches as POIs from GSAK? Or must I use the Garmin software?

I have a Vista HCx...Can I load the caches as POIs from GSAK? Or must I use the Garmin software?

Gsak will only load the caches as waypoimts directly into the gps.If you want to load them as pois you must export a gpx from GSAK of the caches you want then use garmins POI loader to load them onto your GPS