Return of Mother's Travel Bug

cjbooks

Quilt Lady, my 82 Year old mother passed away in June of '06. I helped her put Jack's Quilt out in the wild. She carefully sewed it herself and was excited to see it travel. We would cache together when we could. Anyway, let me get to the point.

Sometime ago I e-mailed the person who had Jack's Quilt to ask it be returned to me but I did not receive a response. It has just been placed in a cache again after 18 months. I thought it was lost. I want to go on the TB page to change the goal and request I be contacted by someone that can pick up the TB but I can not remember my mothers password. I tried adding a log but I also do not have the tracking number. I was wondering if anyone knew if Groundspeak would give me access. My only other idea is to wait until it is picked up and e-mail the cacher that gets it. My concern is that they have no way of knowing that I have any connection to Jack's Quilt. Hmmm, neither does Groundspeak for that matter.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Quilt Lady, my 82 Year old mother passed away in June of '06. I helped her put Jack's Quilt out in the wild. She carefully sewed it herself and was excited to see it travel. We would cache together when we could. Anyway, let me get to the point.

Sometime ago I e-mailed the person who had Jack's Quilt to ask it be returned to me but I did not receive a response. It has just been placed in a cache again after 18 months. I thought it was lost. I want to go on the TB page to change the goal and request I be contacted by someone that can pick up the TB but I can not remember my mothers password. I tried adding a log but I also do not have the tracking number. I was wondering if anyone knew if Groundspeak would give me access. My only other idea is to wait until it is picked up and e-mail the cacher that gets it. My concern is that they have no way of knowing that I have any connection to Jack's Quilt. Hmmm, neither does Groundspeak for that matter.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I'd suggest asking groundpeak.....contact@Groundspeak.com

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just put in on my watchlist. If I get near the TB I can retrieve it and return it.

Have added it to my list as well so if I can get near it will grab it for you.

As another mentioned, you can post a "Note" to the TBs page without the TRACKING number, but you may use the REFFERENCE number in the upper left area of the TBs page.

Another thing to try, sign up to the GeoCaching group in the area where the bug is, and go into their forums requesting help fromthe local cachers in getting the bug back to you. My sympathies, and Best of Luck, WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Thanks to Truck Lee for posting this on the GeoTruckers site. I have bookmarked it and will keep an eye our for it. If I get a load up in that area and it's truck accessible I'll make a point of picking it up and getting it back to you. I'll encourage our other members to do as well.

Best of wishes to you.

, and the Texas Geocaching Forums. Good Luck

The forum is here http://www.txga.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4031

The cachers of Texas would love to help you out, but the cache is located in El Paso, Illinois, not Texas. Good luck though!

I recieved a note that the El Paso in question is actually in Illinois not in Texas, but in any event, the quilt has been picked up by a player that will get it back into the right hands.

Sleep deprivation is a wonderful thing!!

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Yes, send an email to contact@geocaching.com with all you've explained here. They can adopt to TB over to your account, and it will belong to you. Explain that she is no longer with us, and you'd like to carry on her TB.

My condolences on your loss.

I hope you're able to do this And , please update us as to if you were successful!

I, too, am sorry on the loss <_< of your Mother.

You gotta love this community, you just just gotta! You people are the best. Restores my faith in mankind. Jack's Quilt is on its way home. That is so nice!

cjbooks, when you ask Geocaching.com to adopt it over to you, tell them I sent you. Give them a link to your profile page, and to Quilt Lady's. I would just suggest using the adoption link, but both parties have to agree on either end.