I have an idea for a hide

GeoPirates2007

It probably won't get published on this site.

Take a look at the guidelines.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

Commercial Caches

Commercial caches attempt to use the Geocaching.com web site cache reporting tool directly or indirectly (intentionally or non-intentionally) to solicit customers through a Geocaching.com listing. These are NOT permitted. Examples include for-profit locations that require an entrance fee, or locations that sell products or services. If the finder is required to go inside the business, interact with employees, and/or purchase a product or service, then the cache is presumed to be commercial.

Some exceptions can be made. In these situations, permission can be given by Groundspeak. However, permission should be asked first before posting. If you are in doubt, ask first. If you do not have advance permission, your reviewer will refer you to Groundspeak.

I also believe that this particular combination is not within the guidelines. But you also need to think before deciding that two things you like will necessarily go together (as we've all found out when we've tried to "set up" friends we like with each other ...!). My experience of geocaching is individual, of course; but the bucolic venues and meditative mood I bring to the hobby sits poorly with what I understand to be the goals and mode d'emploi of paintball.

Perhaps practice them on different weekends?

Cheers -

Jeannette

I paintball and geocache and, with apologies, I think this is a poor mix.

If the paintball field is active then the cachers would have to, besides most likely paying and absolutely having to sign a liability release (like the paintballers), be searching for the cache while the paintballs are flying. Paintballs, as you know, can SMART when they hit. I would have no desire to wander around a paintball field taking hits from paintballers while looking for a cache.

If the paintball field was not active at the time then I, personally, would be uncomfortable on the field without goggles in case some paintballers come on to the field to play without knowing that there are people on it without safety goggles. Furthermore, I wouldn't be interested in searching for a cache while wearing paintball goggles, which somewhat restrict field of view.

JMO.

I am planning a scenario game and the teams have to use a GPS to find a hidden box in the woods. they have to retrieve an item and return to their base with it to score. I just thought maybe I could make it a permanent hide if there was some interest. I see I was wrong. Oh well just a thought

Nope. I wouldn't bother. First of all, the paintball guys are there to shoot paintballs at each other, not to wander around staring at a GPSr. Second, any geocachers there looking for the cache would get very annoyed at the paintballs hitting their head as they were staring at their GPSr. Third, the logbook would be a mess of splattered paint.

I am planning a scenario game and the teams have to use a GPS to find a hidden box in the woods. they have to retrieve an item and return to their base with it to score. I just thought maybe I could make it a permanent hide if there was some interest. I see I was wrong. Oh well just a thought

Keep thinking outside the box. Eventually you will have a winner.

Keep thinking outside the box. Eventually you will have a winner.

That was a great reply, RK! Wish I had thought of it.