Web page errors.

trainlove

On nearly every page on geocaching.com errors are poping up.

I see 'Done, but with errors on page.', or 'Error on page.' where the 'Done' is supposed to be when doing searches or looking at a cache page or when trying to edit a cache I've been planning on hiding for a few months now, or when looking at my profile or just plain when trying to do anything at all.

This library is using Windows 2000 with SP4, it has IE 6.0.2800.1106.

These errors have never occurred here before. It occurrs on more than one computer here so it's not a configuration error as far as I can fathom.

I mostly notice it when moving the mouse over ANY link on ANY geocaching.com page.

And I just saw this dialog box that said line 585 had an error on character 25 where an Object was Expected and a god awful URL with some 100 characters that I can't cut and paste so I'm not going to relay them here.

The box says that Problems with this web page might prevent it from displaying properly or functioning properly.

On nearly every page on geocaching.com errors are poping up.

I see 'Done, but with errors on page.', or 'Error on page.' where the 'Done' is supposed to be when doing searches or looking at a cache page or when trying to edit a cache I've been planning on hiding for a few months now, or when looking at my profile or just plain when trying to do anything at all.

This library is using Windows 2000 with SP4, it has IE 6.0.2800.1106.

These errors have never occurred here before. It occurrs on more than one computer here so it's not a configuration error as far as I can fathom.

I mostly notice it when moving the mouse over ANY link on ANY geocaching.com page.

And I just saw this dialog box that said line 585 had an error on character 25 where an Object was Expected and a god awful URL with some 100 characters that I can't cut and paste so I'm not going to relay them here.

The box says that Problems with this web page might prevent it from displaying properly or functioning properly.

Sounds like you've put your browser into some sort of diagnostic mode.

Happens at a different library 30 miles away that's using IE 7.0.5730.13 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 all on Widnows XP also known as 5.1 build who cares plus SP2.

Can't imagine that everyone has the same diagnostic problem, Occam's Razor suggests that the problem is at geocaching.com.

edited to remove the somehow duplicated posting entry.

What a way to go Groundspeak, how many times do people accidently get an entry posted multiple times?

THe mosr egregious occurrance of this is in the postinig:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=177525&hl=

But it looke like TPTB have manually deleted the 15 or more extra exactly identical duplicated posts.

Edited by trainlove

edited to remove the somehow duplicated posting entry.

What a way to go Groundspeak, how many times do people accidently get an entry posted multiple times?

THe mosr egregious occurrance of this is in the postinig:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=177525&hl=

But it looke like TPTB have manually deleted the 15 or more extra exactly identical duplicated posts.

Yah, somehow this third party forum software has allowed us to create this "feature" that allows you to press your button only once yet submit a post multiple times. Can't say we don't try to improve stuff.

-Raine

Sounds like you've put your browser into some sort of diagnostic mode.

Well, I'm getting the same errors both at home and on my computer at work.

Edit to add: home computer: Windows XP; IE6

Same here.. FireBug says it's that line that is in error..

<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/adurchin.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">_uacct = "UA-2020240-1";urchinTracker();</script>