How big is Exmoor? (Rhetorical question!)

MBFace

This log arrived today:

'Our best recollection was that we left coin at this location; the first one we found that was big enough. Apologies if we got it wrong. It is definitely in Exmoor somewhere.'

Guess we'll have to wait until someone retrieves it to see where the coin was actually left but at least it's better than 'in England somewhere'. :D

MBF

Bigger than Bodmin Moor yet smaller than Dartmoor? Maybe....

Wonders which Cornish Cacher would say that sheep thing...?

I'm still looking for a full sized fibreglass model sheep.. if anyone knows of one... (For a cache! - shessh)

Reckon if you spoke to Keehotee nicely he could probably make one for you! :D

About 37 too many when someone can't remember where they placed our coin (not that they visited all 37) :huh: .

MBF

They probably put it in the one many of us chicken out of going to. :blink:

As the culprits behind the log we can assure everyone that the coin in question is definitely not in that cache. That particular cache made for an interesting find undertaken by Michelle while I waited with the baby; certainly not a route that was sensible to undertake with a 4 month old child strapped to the chest. Think that the river must have been quite low as lots of the previous logs make it sound really nasty.

Thought that Step on Up was equally nasty as slipping would have meant a longer (but granted drier) drop. Enjoyed doing both of these caches much more than we ever have doing micros in busy urban areas though.

Messing up coins is something I associate with the multi-day trips away from an Internet connection and, as we only took one trackable with us, it has to be said that we didn't anticipate the need for great records before setting off. Would like to know what methods/tools the professionals use for their trackable tracking. Accept that a pen and paper should do and we will obviously make that part of the holiday preparations in the future.

Messing up coins is something I associate with the multi-day trips away from an Internet connection and, as we only took one trackable with us, it has to be said that we didn't anticipate the need for great records before setting off. Would like to know what methods/tools the professionals use for their trackable tracking. Accept that a pen and paper should do and we will obviously make that part of the holiday preparations in the future.

As in all things caching and life I expect we all have our own methods.

Now that I print off less cache sheets ,I carry a small notebook and merely note Cache Code and any trackable No.(s) In: or Out: I rely on memory to complete the electronic log text, so if its not memorable it may reflect in the log.

I am more lax at doing it now but I do also use an Excel generated grid which records greater detail about the trackable.

We will all being human make mistakes at sometime and as long as we all work together things usually come good in the end.

Glad you enjoyed Exmoor wish I could have done more on my brief trip there.

Edited by Malpas Wanderer