Garmin 60CSx Micrs SD card

Pawoodsman

There is a little metal slider that covers the card and helps keep it in place. Slide it towards the serial # tag and it should hold your card in place. Small lettering on the side of the unit shows you which way is open and which way is closed. Hope this helps

Yes i have tried slideing it foward. As soon as I let go of it it pops up a little again! The only drawbacks I see w/ the paper is: the paper mightr draw moisture: When changing batteries in the field at night it could get lost...Don

If it keeps popping up you may have the slider in the open position. If I recall correctly, you slide the metal cover toward the top of the unit, which then pops up to allow access to the card. Then, when you are sure the card is seated correctly, push the metal tab down and slide it toward the bottom of the unit. Mine was kinda tight when I first tried it and I didn't slide it all the way for fear of breaking it. Perhaps yours is the same. I may have the directions reversed but at any rate, the procedure is correct. If the tab is up, press it down and slide it until it locks in place. You may want to try it first without the card.

Fred

mine still gets jarred out of place by sharp bumps; am I alone in this?

I have had my 60cx seem to loose contact with the card a few times(the detail map disappears). usually just turning the unit off and back on fixes the issue.

I haven't had it happen since I came up with a quick fix.... when I bought a larger microSD I took the old one and a small piece of plastic cut from the package the microSD came in and put it above the seated card.