johngtmo

How do I attach an Avatar to my name, please

JG

At the top of the list of threads in this forum are two pinned threads. One of those is titled Avatar Testing and Instructions. You might try there.

Problem is when they deleted a bunch of postings to reduce the size of the thread they deleted the instructions along with it.

Hi John -

First, you need to log on to geocaching.com. Once logged in, click on your name in the upper right corner. this will take you to your ACCOUNT DETAILS.

On the right, under ACCOUNT OPTIONS, click on EDIT MY PROFILE. This will take you to your EDIT ACCOUNT DETAILS page.

Scroll down to the PROFILE DETAILS section. In that section, you want the VIRTUAL YOU subsection. There are two options there; YOUR AVATAR and YOUR PHOTO. You want YOUR AVATAR ... click on CHANGE/EDIT. This takes you to the CHOOSE MY AVATAR page.

To upload an image, click on the UPLOAD A NEW IMAGE link and upload your image.

Once back at the CHOOSE MY AVATAR page, click on the image you want to use for your forum avatar. That image will now show at the top right of the page with a SELECT AVATAR button above it. Click on that button.

Now all you need to do is register the change on the forum server. Click on the RE-REGISTER THE CHANGES hyperlink and log into the forums.

You can test your avatar in the thread pinned at the top of this forum, the one WeightMan mentioned.

JG

At the top of the list of threads in this forum are two pinned threads. One of those is titled Avatar Testing and Instructions. You might try there.

Problem is when they deleted a bunch of postings to reduce the size of the thread they deleted the instructions along with it.

Well that was not smart. I admit I didn't check there, but it seemed like it should help him given the title. Some Mod should take care of that.

Hi John -

First, you need to log on to geocaching.com. Once logged in, click on your name in the upper right corner. this will take you to your ACCOUNT DETAILS.

On the right, under ACCOUNT OPTIONS, click on EDIT MY PROFILE. This will take you to your EDIT ACCOUNT DETAILS page.

Scroll down to the PROFILE DETAILS section. In that section, you want the VIRTUAL YOU subsection. There are two options there; YOUR AVATAR and YOUR PHOTO. You want YOUR AVATAR ... click on CHANGE/EDIT. This takes you to the CHOOSE MY AVATAR page.

Once back at the CHOOSE MY AVATAR page, click on the image you want to use for your forum avatar. That image will now show at the top right of the page with a SELECT AVATAR button above it. Click on that button.

Now all you need to do is register the change on the forum server. Click on the RE-REGISTER THE CHANGES hyperlink and log into the forums.

You can test your avatar in the thread pinned at the top of this forum, the one WeightMan mentioned.

Hello The Girl

Your set of instructions is clear.

You answered my question. To the point.

My question was not formulated to reflect what I really want to know.

I did ask how to attach an Avatar. Your response was letter perfect.

What I should have asked for is where do I go to find an Avatar to attach to my name.

This is a two step operation.

Step One- Finding the Avatar.

Step Two- How to attach it.

Thank you "The Girl", you answered step one.

Now where do I find an Avatar, that I can place in a folder on my desk top. Then attach it from there.

Thank you all for helping out.

Now Please recommend an Avatar site for a Free download.

Thanks again

JG

Edited by johngtmo

JG

Well that was not smart. I admit I didn't check there, but it seemed like it should help him given the title. Some Mod should take care of that.

ayep, I pinged one of the mods when I noticed. Been awhile.

Hi John -

Hello The Girl

Your set of instructions is clear.

You answered my question. To the point.

My question was not formulated to reflect what I really want to know.

I did ask how to attach an Avatar. Your response was letter perfect.

What I should have asked for is where do I go to find an Avatar to attach to my name.

This is a two step operation.

Step One- Finding the Avatar.

Step Two- How to attach it.

Thank you "The Girl", you answered step one.

Now where do I find an Avatar, that I can place in a folder on my desk top. Then attach it from there.

Thank you all for helping out.

Now Please recommend an Avatar site for a Free download.

Thanks again

JG

You can find them almost everywhere, including already on your computer. I don't even use Avatar sites anymore since any picture or drawing will work, mine was a thumbnail from a website selling Pirate flags. What would you like for an Avatar?