What is the story behind your coin?

Nochipra

This question came to mind when I read the post by mousekakat asking What would you like to see? She asked what you would like to see on a coin or what attracts you to a coin? My answer was finding a coin that tells a story about the person who created it? So what is your story? How did you come to create your coin? I believe the coins that are produced that have a story behind them will be the ones that will be worth a pretty penny in the future and will stand as a rememberance of the person who created them when they are no long around. So tell us how you came to create your coin?

So tell us how you came to create your coin?

The first personal coin We have created is called "First Italian Baby"

nicole-twotones-250.jpg

I think that it is easy to understand what made us decide for that... When something like that happens in your life, it is hard not to start thinking that everyone must know about it :P

(To be honest I got really crazy for her...)

//Kazuma//

Edited by kazuma

Our 3doxies personal coin obviously has...our 3 dachshunds on the front (Bailey, Max, and Sugar Bear). Over the years, it seems we have had a lot of different doxies - they are awesome little dogs! Each of the 3 doxies is very different because no two doxies are alike. Each has its own personality. On the back of the coin is the Bristol sign, which is a landmark in the city of Bristol, where we live. Bristol's main street, State Street, runs along the state line between Tennessee and Virginia. Therefore there are actually two Bristols - Bristol, TN and Bristol, VA. The sign is across State Street straddling the line. The bible verse, Matthew 13:44 "The Kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field" reflects our Christian faith along with our love of geocaching.

:P

Edited to add our doxies names.

Edited by 3doxies

A long time ago, in the moist and lush valleys of Yimerica, there stood a solitary grove of the most puzzling trees. These trees were said to be broad, shady and of a very hard wood. But the almost incomprehensable thing about these trees is that they could bear fruit with no particular interval or frequency. However when they did, the fruit was the sweetest and most succulent you've ever tasted. And so goes the lore of the Yime. Perhaps it's a tall tale, or perhaps it's just some mindless fluff a bored individual made up. But ask the people of Yimerica...and they'll swear by the legend. :)

We wanted a coin with my Jeep on it, and show where we are from! We had just found 500 caches and logged 500 TBs in our first 5 months, so we thought this would be a great way to commemorate the milestones while giving me some swag.

We decided the shape of Michigan with my Jeep crashing through would be great, added our personal info and there you go, Rockin Roddy's Cachestalkers coins were born!

ARK-MO GEOCACHERS

5c0ee3d5-3c6f-454c-97e6-28d5d18f3b09.jpg

It all started with my first geocoin I was hooked and I made the 2nd geocoin.

The first was a joint venture with 9Key and I,he designed the Missouri 66 side and I designed the Forest side.

We have lots of geocaches in places just like that in the Ozarks Region.

The ARK-MO GEOCACHERS(ARK) is for the ARK of the Covenant.My slang for ARK more geocachers.

ARK MO also has almost all the Letters for MO,Missouri,AR,Arkansas,K(S),Kansas and OK,Oklahoma.

If you use geocachers you got em all.

Which was for recognition of the 4 states area combined into one geocoin.

There was much discussion in the geocoin forum on if SAY'S was says or say's but look up SAY'S Law.

GEOCOIN TOWN.

79cec0e5-dc27-4619-8012-0a9503d2b092.jpg

It is hard to see but there are 3 geocachers in the foreground on the left.

The 1st geocoin addict has just been to the mailbox on the right, he huridly crosses the street to show the other 2 geocachers his new geocoin.

In the background a Older geocacher is just leaving the geocoin bank headed for the geoswag store.

He has a ammo box completely full of swag he is headed out to hide.

Edited by GEO*Trailblazer 1

I think I am going to copy and paste any coin stories of coins I have onto my own records so I will have them to read later on so keep the stories coming about your coins. If you can put a picture of your coin with the story that will help explain why you made that particular coin. Thanks

778e0d04-7b05-46a1-9e46-366868a7a2e9.jpg

I wanted a coin that told my caching story. Unfortunatley for me that it is not wonder woman on top of a mountain!

Nope my story is of a woman cacher that gets scratched by every briar within a mile. She has not learned EXACTLY what poison ivy looks like, but she is getting better. Friends know she is not getting the numbers by the lack of rashes and scratches on her legs! She also can lose more in a day than she can find. Thankfull she wears her gps around her neck or that would have been gone long ago.

I think my coin tells that story perfectly!

778e0d04-7b05-46a1-9e46-366868a7a2e9.jpg

I wanted a coin that told my caching story. Unfortunatley for me that it is not wonder woman on top of a mountain!

Nope my story is of a woman cacher that gets scratched by every briar within a mile. She has not learned EXACTLY what poison ivy looks like, but she is getting better. Friends know she is not getting the numbers by the lack of rashes and scratches on her legs! She also can lose more in a day than she can find. Thankfull she wears her gps around her neck or that would have been gone long ago.

I think my coin tells that story perfectly!

LOL, Your coin really does tell something about you. When I started this thread your coin was the first one I thought about :)

cingold.jpg

CinemaBoxers 10th Anniversary Geocoin

First - the dog in the center is our Cosmo - the same dog on our first coin, but as a puppy.

The flowers are Jim and my favorite kinds - and, the coin represents both 10 years of being together, AND 10 years of being CinemaBoxers (Bred and showed Boxers under that name since the first litter in 1997)

The back has some outdoorsy themes - and a butterfly along with our 'filmstrip' to go along with the Cinema.

And the phrase "Vous et nul autre' means "You and no other"

The style of the coin IMO is very much MY style of design, and I SO wanted a full 'stained glass' style personal coin for this occasion!

This coin was floating around in my head for some time, but the actual design happed VERY VERY quickly.

Once I had it down, I didnt change a thing. :)

Every coin I design has a story.. the Tranquility is one of the funniest ones, believe it or not.

What started out as a 'simple' 1.5" enamel design ended up taking on a life of its own, and growing into the complex 2" coin you see today. It was a matter of 'not being quite right' and I added to it... and added to it.

It 'grew' slowly... too detailed for a 1.5"... so we bumped it to 1.75" and then... 2"...

That coin brings back some good memories tho - was one of the funnest to design, as it was more freeform, and I had literally NO instructions, or directions to go on. It was just set it free, and watch it develop.

I think my best coins are the ones that come with the least direction.... this one is a favorite for sure.

LEWIS & CLARK

422c1f53-07a8-4033-8f21-efe45dced910.jpg

This one tells it's own story.

But I have a 2 and 1/2 Year story that goes along with it and would take up lots of space.

But I was Honored to be a part of the 200th Anniversary of the Corps of Discovery.

Through Geocaching and the NGS, (benchmarking) I was able to sponsor many of the Lewis & Clark Signature Events as Geocaching Events.

It was A long journey in many ways,We encountered hurdles but none that matched our predecessors Lewis and Clark.

We were able to be at many points 200 Years to the Day that Lewis and Clark were there.

We followed in their footsteps from the call and going to Monticello,then to Philadelphia.

We then headed to Missouri Territory and then finally to the end at Cape Disappointment.

We traded with the Indians and we even traded a coin Just like this one with the Corps of Discovery II,which actually went back down the River from LOLO Pass to St. Louis and the Final Event "THE CAPTAINS RETURN".

What a grand Journey, we did not find the Northwest passage either but the Northwest passage by us was well worth the time and effort it took for me to put it all together and keep it going.

The few coins I have left actually traveled the entire route from St. Louis,Missouri to Cape Disappointment.

This is what I take as living vicariously through Travel Bugs and Geocoins.