A funny thing

LECTRAGLIDE

A friend and I were out caching and a nice family came by dog and all . We had just found and replaced the

bounty . We were just enjoying the view . This nice family asked did you find it ? Being new at this I did

not know how to reply at 1st . I fessed up under preasure of there smiles and said we had . They were gald

it was still there they had found it a yr earlier .

So we moved on to the next hunt a few min. away . We had beed looking for about 5 min when 2 couples came by . They walked past . Then one of the women turned and said are you geo caching ?

Dumbfounded we both said geez yes we are . She then replied well your real close and have fun .

The funny thing was we hid our gpsr's trying to be real secret .

Just wondering if anyone else has been as secret as we were?

FLHTPI

A friend and I were out caching and a nice family came by dog and all . We had just found and replaced the

bounty . We were just enjoying the view . This nice family asked did you find it ? Being new at this I did

not know how to reply at 1st . I fessed up under preasure of there smiles and said we had . They were gald

it was still there they had found it a yr earlier .

So we moved on to the next hunt a few min. away . We had beed looking for about 5 min when 2 couples came by . They walked past . Then one of the women turned and said are you geo caching ?

Dumbfounded we both said geez yes we are . She then replied well your real close and have fun .

The funny thing was we hid our gpsr's trying to be real secret .

Just wondering if anyone else has been as secret as we were?

FLHTPI

Yes. I was even more secret than you. You didn't even see me there. :P

Seriously, sounds like you're in a pretty cacher-friendly area!

My son and I were hunting a cache that was just off of a road AND a bike trail. When we first arrived in the general vacinity we were surprised to see a bike rider just standing there. We tried to look all innocent, but he asked what we were doing. I told him that we were just looking around. He said, "Oh, are you geocaching?" I said, "it's a possibility. Are you a geocacher?" He said, "No, but I'm a mathematician and very interested in that sort of thing." I said, "Cool." But I still waited for him to leave before resuming the hunt for the cache.

TKOFaith

My son and I were hunting a cache that was just off of a road AND a bike trail. When we first arrived in the general vacinity we were surprised to see a bike rider just standing there. We tried to look all innocent, but he asked what we were doing. I told him that we were just looking around. He said, "Oh, are you geocaching?" I said, "it's a possibility. Are you a geocacher?" He said, "No, but I'm a mathematician and very interested in that sort of thing." I said, "Cool." But I still waited for him to leave before resuming the hunt for the cache.

TKOFaith

When someone seems interested we bring them into the hunt, or show them the container and logbook. It seems very rare that this happens but it is fun when it does.

Stopping at a Wyoming welcome center we, of course, first found the cache then went inside. Started to talk with the ladies working to ask a few questions. It wasn't long before they were joking with us and just being great. So I pulled out a couple of our vacation pathtags and gave them each one and started to explain geocaching link to these little tags. Before I got far I was asked "Did you find ours?" They aren't cachers but know of the one hidden there and were pleased we found it and shared our pathtag with them.

Stopping at a Wyoming welcome center we, of course, first found the cache then went inside. Started to talk with the ladies working to ask a few questions. It wasn't long before they were joking with us and just being great. So I pulled out a couple of our vacation pathtags and gave them each one and started to explain geocaching link to these little tags. Before I got far I was asked "Did you find ours?" They aren't cachers but know of the one hidden there and were pleased we found it and shared our pathtag with them.

What part of Wyoming?