repeat visits?

family_on_the_go!

If you revisit a cache and log it as found again, does that throw off your find count? I've been trying to decide this for years

Define "throw off". Some would say that every time they visit the cache, it's a new "find" and should increment their count. Others disagree.

As was pointed out, you can log multiple "finds" on a cache and yes, your count of smileys will go up.

Seems I look at this a little different then others. While I don't think it is wrong to revisit a cache to drop a TB or to move one along that has been stuck for a while. I feel it is a bit wrong to revisit the same cache over and over to remove TBs or coins. TBs are somewhat of an incentive for some people to visit a cache. I think you are robbing the cache owner of new cache entries.

Seems I look at this a little different then others. While I don't think it is wrong to revisit a cache to drop a TB or to move one along that has been stuck for a while. I feel it is a bit wrong to revisit the same cache over and over to remove TBs or coins. TBs are somewhat of an incentive for some people to visit a cache. I think you are robbing the cache owner of new cache entries.

Feel free to visit and revisit any of my caches to move a traveler. I don't mind. :(

Define "throw off". Some would say that every time they visit the cache, it's a new "find" and should increment their count. Others disagree.

As was pointed out, you can log multiple "finds" on a cache and yes, your count of smileys will go up.

I am one of those who disagree. If someone logs the same cache 10 times, their number of caches "Found" will increase by 10, but they really haven't found 10 caches, they've found one cache 10 times. The statistic is labelled "Found" which to me implies unique caches found.

That's just my opinion, and of course you are free to log how you wish.

Edited by Cedar Grove Seekers