Cemetery Restoration CITO

jcurtis55

I'm not sure if this type of CITO had been done before but I wanted to bring events GC15H67 and GC15H6D to everyone's attention. We worked with an experienced cemetery restorer last weekend and completely restored a pioneer Indiana cemetery that had previously been on the Indiana DNR hall of shame due to the terrible condition of this cemetery. I felt this was a great way to provide a little payback for all the caching we do in cemeteries.

While it was hard work, those who participated came away with a real feeling of accomplishment and that we had done something special. I think several will keep an eye on this cemetery to ensure it doesn't revert back to the way it was.

There have been many photos uploaded. In particular check out the before and after photos. We did have some help, as boy scouts came in about a month before the cachers and cleared the worst of the brush. It was a great joint effort.

jcurtis55

All I have to say is that this was an amazing event and will do it again in a heart beat. I couldn't stay for day two but, after seeing the day two photos I wish I had. This was one of the most rewarding experiences I've had. I encourage anyone to check out the link jcurtis55 has posted.